Commercial Credit Analyst II
Company: Community Financial Credit Union
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Be a part of One Team One Mission! Would you like to be part of
an organization that believes in being passionate about what you
do?Do you want the ability to be involved in the community you work
in and spending time involved with numerous charitable
organizations?Join the CFCU family where we put our members and
team members first.Our Total Rewards package includes medical,
dental, and vision with a generous time-off package, matching 401
(k), and paid time off to do volunteer work. A Day in the Life:The
Commercial Credit Analyst II prepares and analyzes commercial loan
requests following policies and procedures set forth by the credit
union. Likewise, the Analyst conducts annual due diligence for
loans and updates policies and procedures to ensure compliance with
NCUA and internal goals set forth by the Executive Leadership Team.
This individual works with other Commercial Credit Analysts to
increase the functionality and efficiency of the department
relating to the origination, underwriting, and maintenance of
Commercial Credit and its associated risks. Essential Functions and
Responsibilities:The minimum requirement for any team member of our
company is to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others,
with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in
compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards and
regulations. We also require, as a minimum standard, that all team
members have the ability to accept direction and constructive
criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Analyze, evaluate, and make independent decisions on the
quality of credit, income, assets, property and risk to determine
probability of repayment for all commercial loan requests.
- Perform credit analysis/underwriting.
- Review financials (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Tax
- Calculate debt service coverage ratios (business, personal and
global), cash flows, and other applicable financial ratios.
- Research industry data for industry comparisons.
- Review credit reports (business and personal) and business
- Perform collateral analysis as needed, including title work,
appraisals, environmental reviews, and flood certifications.
- Perform initial review, analysis, and recommendation on new
participation loan requests.
- Obtain third-party underwriting reviews by coordinating between
the Member Business Loan Committee and the credit union's
- Prepare written analysis, including decision recommendations
for applications above approval authority.
- Coordinate with Loan officers to clear conditions and fulfill
- Coordinate and participate in the Member Business Loan
- Perform pre- and post-closing functions, including but not
- Order/coordinate vendor services (credit, flood, appraisal,
title work, etc.).
- Create or request closing documents.
- Perform data entry into loan systems.
- Post-close loan files.
- Process construction draw requests.
- Perform administrative functions of commercial lending,
including but not limited to:
- Conduct annual loan reviews on portfolio loans and loan
participation requests (request financials, follow-up, review, and
- Perform annual vendor reviews of third party vendors and CUSOs
used for participation loans.
- Update policies and procedures related to commercial
- Adhere to NCUA regulations related to commercial lending.
- Assist management with projects in order to increase the
functionality and efficiency of the department.
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of credit analysis or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze banking and financial
reports inclusive of legal documents.
- Practical working knowledge of financial statement
- Proficiency using Excel and Word required. Qualifications
Preferred:Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting.1
year of construction & development loan underwriting experience.1
year of construction draw review experience.1 year of experience
underwriting participation loans. Core Competencies:
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all
internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers. Working
Conditions:This position works in-office and remotely. Work
requires an appropriate work environment in the home. In-office
working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and
work space are all sufficient. Work requires the ability to
constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and
communicate. Disclaimer/Intent and Function of Job Descriptions:The
above information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by team members
within this classification. Because the nature of positions and job
functions can change over time, this job description is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all essential functions, duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job
duties may be changed or modified in the Credit Union's discretion.
The Credit Union will keep team members updated on key functions,
duties, and requirements of their position by communications from
the Credit Union and by updating the job description from time to
time. Any team member with questions about the nature of their job
duties is encouraged to consult with his or her supervisor.Equal
Employment Opportunity Policy:Community Financial Credit Union is
an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable Federal, State or local laws. Note: If you have issues
applying, please try using the Google Chrome or Firefox web
browsers on a computer. PI130670978
Keywords: Community Financial Credit Union, Novi , Commercial Credit Analyst II, Accounting, Auditing , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!