Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Lineage Logistics
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Lineage is currently searching for a Risk Assurance Specialist
to join our growing team! Ideal candidates are Bachelor or MA level
graduates who possess in-depth training in accounting or finance.
You will be part of a newly created Audit and Risk function with
the objective of partnering with operations to focus on risk
identification and mitigation through various activities including
risk assessments, internal audits and SOX key control testing. Join
the team and help shape the function and build our internal audit
capabilities in a growing, dynamic Company.
This role requires a high degree of problem solving, a willingness
to develop a deep understanding of the business, and the ability to
communicate results succinctly and convincingly. You will help
execute the department's risk-based audit plan that will focus on
operations, key financial controls in support of the Sarbanes Oxley
assessment, as well as provide input to management on various risk
and internal control topics. You will prepare internal audit
reports summarizing key findings as well as recommendations to
remediate identified gaps. The role requires strong documentation
skills to support the work performed and the conclusions reached.
You will partner with leadership to reduce risk and strengthen
controls. The right person must be detail oriented, possess strong
project management skills and skilled at building relationships
across the organization.
- Support the annual risk assessment process working with
operations to develop a risk-based audit plan focusing on
significant risks to the Company's objectives and identifying where
an Internal audit assessment can add value.
- Perform independent testing to assess the design and operating
effectiveness of financial, operational and compliance key
- Draft reports of findings and provide practical recommendations
to remediate identified gaps
- Develop and maintain internal audit procedures /
- Be a business consultant providing analysis on new policies and
processes to ensure that control considerations are evaluated.
- Draft audit reports summarizing key audit findings as well as
recommendations for addressing any issues identified.Minimum
requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor's or Master's in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in audit and/or finance areas.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues, potential risks
and root causes in order to suggest effective improvements.
- Project management and leadership skills to execute projects to
a successful conclusion.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and strong documentation
- Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication
- Public accounting audit experience an asset.
- CPA, CIA, CISA and CFE designations an asset.#LLPRWhy
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within
Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and
promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our
business and how each team member plays a part each and every day
to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us
grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our
industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part
to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working
at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care
about our team members.Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state,
and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful
harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against
any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin,
religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected
status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments,
competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and
Paid Time Off and Sick Days
Keywords: Lineage Logistics, Novi , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!