Lead Business Analyst - Finance
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Finance IT Business Analyst will serve as a Product Management
liaison to existing and prospective Finance customers. They will
also understand the corporate business imperatives and IT strategy
to be able to determine how corporate standard processes and
systems should be adopted and deployed within the Finance function
areas. The position can be located in either Novi, MI or Maumee,
- Primary objectives will be to identify and recommend ideas to
improve the Corporate Accounting & Finance functions through a
comprehensive understanding of operations, challenges, and external
- This position will work with the Oracle EPM (Planning, HFM and
FDM) and other Accounting and Finance business application teams to
drive operational excellence.
- This position will be responsible for facilitating clear
understanding of all current business processes, goals, and drivers
and analyzing and designing new business processes and
- Responsible for identifying and defining detailed product
requirements and use cases. Will work closely with internal teams
to assess current system capabilities and identify high-level
customer requirements. Assist in translating requirements and use
cases into test conditions and expected results for product,
performance, and user acceptance testing. Participate in customer
implementation projects to ensure successful integration of new
product features and functionality.
- This position is responsible for providing expertise in the
implementation of business plans and the achievement of Corporate
Accounting and Finance objectives. As such, they will work as a
liaison among the business stakeholders and IT in order to
understand the structure, policies, and operations of the
organization, supplier, and customer, and to provide solutions that
enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- They will also understand the corporate business imperatives
and IT strategy to be able to determine how corporate standard
processes and systems should be adopted and deployed.
- This role will work with the PMO to facilitate program and
project execution, taking an active role in all activities
affecting the support area.
- This role will work with the SAP Finance team to assist with
the execution of the end-to-end business process.
- Analyze and design business processes
- Develop product requirements using SDLC deliverables based on
input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results
and feedback from the user community
- Works as a partner to the Finance team to provide guidance on
business process improvement through use of relevant information
- Gains an in-depth understanding of Finance group's strategies,
initiatives, opportunities, and risks.
- Develops a comprehensive perspective of the global environment
(customers, suppliers, and competitors).
- Uses information from other markets and industries to identify
process and solutions for improvement.
IT Strategy and Process Capability Development
- Applies knowledge business process design concepts and
principles to improve existing processes to achieve measurable
- Analyze the business capability requirements of the Finance
applications and work to improve and align their usage with the
- Assumes ownership of the Finance applications and works with
the business partners to provide a strategic roadmap and ensure
- Performs frequent application rationalization activities to
optimize the landscape. (Retire, Replace, Extend application
- Maintains a relationship with the Finance application vendors
to understand future product lifecycle.
- Understands Corporate and Finance business imperatives (key
aspects of the corporate business strategy)
- Determines opportunities for business improvement through the
use of information technology, develop business case including
cost/benefit analysis, and sells these opportunities to both the
business team and corporate business/IT leadership
- Develop test conditions and expected results based on the
- Review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and
compliance with established project standards
Bachelor's Degree, or regional equivalent education required,
preferably in a related discipline, such as Information Systems,
Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or Business or 8+ years
related professional Dana experience. Additional related
certifications are a plus. Masters a plus.
5-7 years in Oracle EPM suite with Planning, HFM and FDM
experience, business process improvement or business analyst work;
manufacturing industries (automotive, aerospace, etc.) is a plus.
Experience with variety of business processes and working through
process change methodologies, i.e. Re-engineering, Six Sigma, etc.
Familiarity with SAP, ERP or Accounting/Financial Systems or web
based application development and technologies. Experience with
software development lifecycle processes. Previous business
function, process analysis, and visualization skills. Previous
consulting experience (internal or external) highly preferred.
- English (fluency in reading, writing and speaking)
- Multi-lingual would be a plus
- None required
- CBAP, Six Sigma, APICS, or regional equivalents are a
- CPA or related certifications are a plus.
- Ability to use BPMN and BPA to document and optimize business
- Business financial skills; knows how to use and interpret
metrics such as NPV, ROI, and IRR; knows how to develop and
interpret IT investment business cases (understands inputs and
- SAP FICO experience in production support and/or project life
cycle a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Strong technology acumen; familiar with key concepts around
data, applications and infrastructure
- Strong process design skills; knows how to apply process
analysis and design tools and techniques
- Project management skills; ability to multi-task and keep all
projects on schedule
- Stakeholder management skills; excellent relationships with
- People management skills; good relationships with team
- Excellent presentation skills; good written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; attention
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Lead Business Analyst - Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!