Transmission Line CAD Designer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos has an immediate opportunity
for a Transmission Line CAD Designer. Location is slightly
flexible, but it is HIGHLY PREFERRED that the selected candidate be
on the West Coast of the U.S.The successful candidate will work in
a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for
high/low voltage transmission line projects. He/She must be AutoCAD
or MicroStation proficient and able to utilize materials from
different sources like: client standards, images, emails, sketches,
dxf exports and others. The candidate must have basic knowledge of
engineering drawing requirements with Transmission Line Projects in
order to assist with the development of project drawings which
includes but is not limited to: Maps, Structure Lists, Plan and
Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings, Structure
Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others. He/She must be able
to track and manage various projects at a time to meet deadlines
and assist in the preparation of submittals. Must have great
organization skills in order to keep up with file management. The
individual must maintain a high level of quality and efficiency
requiring personal accountability with self-checks to minimize
errors, ensuring a quality product that meets company and client's
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan
and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail
drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in preparing documents for client submittals.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions
clearly form engineers as well as peers.Basic Qualifications
- Associate Degree or Vocational certificate or degree in
drafting or related technical discipline.
- Five (5) years of drafting experience. Experience using AutoCAD
required; MicroStation ability is a plus.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting transmission line
projects required; Substation or P&C experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, meeting deadlines and delivering a
quality work product are required.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Understanding of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Ability to work in detail oriented environment requiring
analytical thinking for work development and self-correction.
- Reliable with an ability to work independently.
- Strong team skills with the ability to be flexiblePreferred
- MicroStation proficiency
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- PLS-CADD Knowledge
- AutoCAD ARC GISPDSTLINEPay Range:#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Novi , Transmission Line CAD Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!