Sr. Principal Engineer, Software
Company: Harmon International Industries
Posted on: January 5, 2022
HARMAN's engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and
agile. As part of this team, you'll combine your technical
expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge
solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every
day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is
committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative
technologies and resources to build a successful career.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating Back to Job Navigation
(Overview) Success Profile What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you
have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
- Results-Driven Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Responsibilities A Career at HARMAN As a technology leader that is
rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused
on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a
part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and
solve together, you'll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a
difference and be proud of the work you do every day. About the
Role In this role as a Senior Principal Engineer, Software you will
be responsible for supporting all aspects of software and function
development following the defined development lifecycle processes
to build scalable and efficient platform products and be capable of
analyzing specifications, developing software architecture,
integrating components into vehicle software, and validating
vehicle software to verify functionality. Your Team This position
will not have any direct reports. However, providing technical
leadership and mentoring to less experience engineers and
interns/co-ops is required. What You Will Do
- The responsibility covers the complete V-model, from analysis
of customer requirements to test and release to customer.
- Provide technical guidance to offshore development teams.
- Interface with internal customers to gather technical
requirements and understand issues. Lead technical discussions with
- Work with internal platform, software, hardware, mechanical,
acoustics, and validation teams to design and deliver per customer
- Lead the development of system architecture design.
- Support customer in-vehicle integration and test events.
- Support the build of prototype technologies into development
and demonstration vehicles resolving issues in system, function,
and software levels.
- Support customer technology reviews and vehicle demonstrations
include the responsibility of preparing and presenting vehicle and
technical product details.
- Support the leadership team in the defect management process
including planning, tracking, and ensuring that defects are
- Support the development process and associated work products to
ensure ASPICE compliance.
- Provide input for Harman Development Process for continuous
- Identify project dependencies and work to resolve them.
- Other duties as assigned. What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or equivalent.
- 16+ years of microcontroller embedded software
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time,
embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's,
emulators, compilers, static analysis, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital
- Experience in developing accurate estimates for complex
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Ability to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Working knowledge of software development processes and process
models such as CMMI or ASPICE.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. What is Nice
- Master's Degree in in Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, MOST, etc.)
and diagnostics (UDS, KWP2000).
- Experience with audio processing.
- Experience working with and/or leading offshore development
- Experience developing scalable embedded software products. What
Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 25%, domestic and international
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug
screen as a condition of employment What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung
products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and
encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life
integration and collaboration in a global environment
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and
development such as, onsite caf, fitness center, weekly massage,
fitness classes, and other onsite events promoted by our Employee
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN
University's business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration
- Scholarship programs for employee family members #LI-RV1 HARMAN
is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN
offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities,
professional training and competitive compensation.
Keywords: Harmon International Industries, Novi , Sr. Principal Engineer, Software, Education / Teaching , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!