Mid-Senior Level Environmental Engineer
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Mid-Senior Level Engineer to join our team in
Are you an Engineer with 5 to 10 years of environmental experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Senior Staff on a
variety of technically challenging projects? Are you looking for an
opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting
firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical
contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We
are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to
grow their career.
The position is approximately 15% field work and 85% office work on
a variety of projects including industrial, state and federal
sites. The success candidate will perform routine office
assignments (technical and non-technical);
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travel to project sites in Michigan and the Great Lakes
- Prepare conceptual site models and remedial alternatives
- Prepare bidding documents and requests for proposals and assist
in subcontractor procurement for environmental remediation
- Prepare of cost estimates to implement remedial
- Review contractor submittals including equipment, work plans
and QA/QC plans.
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change
order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Self-implement or oversee implementation of remediation
activities. This may include managing and/or assisting junior staff
involved in the project.
- Conduct project closeout activities including final
inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and
- Complete operation and maintenance inspections of remediation
systems under guidance of an experienced operator.
- Office activities, including analysis and interpretation of
analytical results and preparation of summary reports under the
guidance of a Senior or Principal Scientist/Geologist or
- Manage and analyze large environmental datasets with
spreadsheets and other technical software, prepare plots and
quantitative summaries, and document methods used to analyze
- Prepare engineering calculations, engineering drawings,
technical memoranda, and other deliverables related to
communicating and documenting a civil/environmental engineering
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and
engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety
standards, maintain permits and training certificates
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability
to work effectively under deadlines and within budgets.
- Strive to understand client's objectives and craft solutions
that incorporate client needs tailored to site conditions.
- Require nominal supervision and review of work.
- Work in a team setting with other engineering disciplines and
- Learn and stay up to date on state and federal environmental
regulations and guidance.
- Ability to deliver processed data in an organized fashion,
following data management standards.
- Maintain successful client relations; our professionals work on
many projects at one time and must be able to build and sustain
Skills / Qualifications
Basic/ Required Qualifications
- BS degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or
- 5 to 10 years environmental experience including environmental
- Understanding of means and methods and ability to perform
engineering calculations and designs associated with environmental
remediation technologies and treatment systems including air
sparging, soil vapor extraction systems, vapor mitigation,
biodegradation, chemical injections, pump and treat and/or soil
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a
satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's
driving (MVR) policy
- Michigan PE license
- Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, CADD familiarity, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training.
- Working outside in various weather conditions, uneven
- Office work with computer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Novi , Mid-Senior Level Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!