Vehicle Integration Engineer
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Vehicle Integration Engineer
A Vehicle Integration Engineer is required for integration and
high-level testing of vehicle electronic control systems for one of
our best client in Novi, MI. This client is a global company,
highly ranked as a top employer in their field. They're on the
verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems
group, making this an ideal time to join. This role requires all
vehicle testing and tuning required to assure product is
functionally safe and meets customer vehicle performance targets.
If you believe you have all the qualities and experience, then you
could be a perfect match for this position.
Responsibilities of Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- Exhibits superior knowledge and execution of steering controls,
both internal processes and customer processes.
- Determines required adjustments to operating software to
achieve ride and handling targets established by the
- Exhibits a strong understanding of the process methodology of
parameter (calibration) tuning.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of system/SW function and
application for assigned calibration development.
- Responsible for releasing software calibrations for production
including preparing the necessary documents for final software
calibration release. Understands and works within the parameters of
- Utilizes Software tools for assigned calibration tuning,
including troubleshooting of chassis electrical system faults and
flashing of control module (ECU) with updated software and/or
- Performs system integration and system testing according to
requirements management tool (PTC Integrity) test cases
- Uses requirements management tool to check, adapt, develop, and
link requirements and test cases
- Uses task management system to track and document issues and
complete assigned work packages
- Responsible for issuing Engineering Reports after each ride
session, obtaining Customer signoff and effectively communicating
customer expectations to project team.
- Maintains accurate change logs and evaluation notes during
every step of the tuning process using the correct terminology and
uses the task management system. Organize information
systematically and separately for each program.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers conveying
both professionalism and strong product knowledge.
- Responsible for coordinating ride work activities with customer
in support of determined program milestones. --- Directs the
efforts of support technicians when conducting system integration
and/or ride work at customer locations and supports
less-experienced Vehicle Systems Engineers as needed.
- Identifies system findings and communicates details to System
or Software Engineering in a concise and organized manner.
- Participates in System Engineering meetings as requested to
resolve issues and/or formulate a response to customer
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of ride development
processes through participation in the ride group
- Maintains equipment, and tools as well as a clean and organized
- Completes special assignments including the investigation of
performance and noise issues.
- Leads continuous improvement programs in order to promote team
- Provides professional and technical knowledge by workshops and
informal training. --- Support any events necessary to maintain
program launch schedule
- Manage scheduling of steering fleet vehicles, including HW/SW
updates and Safety level adherence
Qualifications of Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- B.S. in Mechatronics/Controls Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with strong functional/product
knowledge, and ability to train others (internship/co-op included)
--- Experience in Electric Power Steering or ADAS is preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals
for steering application development.
- Knowledge of EPS software and methodologies for tuning base
steering and advanced steering features
- Ability to evaluate vehicle ride characteristics and associate
them with product specific changes.
- Understand customer requirements for dynamics/NVH and the
ability to perform subjective assessment
- Possesses knowledge of steering and chassis systems and various
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including calipers,
micrometers & dial indicators.
- Knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay,
LIN, Ethernet, ---) and Diagnostic protocols (UDS)
- Strong software skills in system development and ride tuning
tools (Vector CANape, CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Strong software skills in ASPICE system development tool chain
(PTC Integrity, DOORS, Clear Case, Clear quest, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot computer, and equipment problems when
working in remote customer locations.
- Ability to travel and work on an international basis for 2-3
week periods with little or no support.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits and schematics.
Compensation of the Vehicle Integration Engineer:
Salary Range: $90,000-110,000+
Location: Novi, MI
Travel: As and when required (domestic and international)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Novi , Vehicle Integration Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!