Environmental Engineer or Scientist
Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Environmental Engineer or Scientist
# of Openings:
Environmental Scientist or Engineer
As an Environmental Compliance Scientist or Engineer with
Fishbeck's Air Quality team, you will be working on projects
ensuring environmental compliance for our clients. Projects involve
providing regulatory assistance, preparing permit applications,
conducting site evaluations, and writing detailed reports. You will
work alongside industry leaders and government agencies to assess
environmental impacts, propose creative solutions for clients to
maintain compliance, and fulfil regulatory oversight of
- Air emission inventories, air emission records review and
development, regulatory and compliance reviews
- Prepare and submit regulatory permit applications and
- Perform visible emission readings, conduct waste inspections,
and collect and assess storm water samples.
- Interpret collected data and environmental records to aide in
reporting and proposals.
- Create environmental plans including SPCCs, PIPPs, HWCPs, and
- Provide on-site regulatory assistance at industrial
- Foster relationships with potential and existing clients.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Common office tasks involve sitting, standing, walking, using a
personal computer, and communicating verbally. Most work is
conducted indoors with occasional project site visits. Lifting up
to 50 pounds, maneuvering outdoors, using technical data collection
equipment is necessary at times. Must be able to drive vehicle to
project sites and meetings with clients. Travel for field work or
work at client sites depending on client needs or requirements.
Visual acuity necessary to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor's in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental
Science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in environmental compliance (such as in
consulting, environmental health and safety (EHS) management, or
with an environmental regulatory agency.)
- Experience preparing various environmental reports and other
regulatory agency documents.
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance and
- Insight into developing and maintaining client
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially
with generating proposals and reports.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, generating formulas and
What we offer
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement and activities
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education,
and professional/personal development
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid
- 401(k), profit sharing, and stock options (we are 100% employee
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the
nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 500 employees.
Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction
management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and
integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and
design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and
understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to
completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to
reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Apply for this Position
Keywords: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Novi , Environmental Engineer or Scientist, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!