Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: January 25, 2023
RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services
to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary
partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense,
IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries.
As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for
energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading
- The Senior Professional IT Systems role supports the efforts of
the network team for the NA region.
- The support is focused on the daily service operations of the
technologies and services of the global infrastructure network team
and assigned project work.
- Daily service operations include service monitoring, incident -
and change management and new service deployments.
- Network services are critical for our manufacturing business as
most of the production information is provided to the plants via
network connectivity and processes in our plants rely on
connectivity of machines, systems and servers and
- They will be a member of a global team of network architects
- Daily operation is imperative for service and network uptime,
fast restore and standard compliance of new installations when the
automotive business is highly agile and quality focused.
Essential Functions of The Job:
- Monitor LAN and WLAN infrastructure in region.
- Proactive action taking upon service at risk or service down
(within given response time).
- Incident management ownership to incident resolution.
- Communicate with local IT and regional IT during the incident
- Initiate escalations as needed to carry out local plant testing
and incident resolution actions.
- Report on incident progress.
- Outage communication as per defined process and
- Change management execution upon change requests initiated by
local IT or other requestors.
- Follow change management process and methodology.
- Own change from arrival of request to plant IT confirmation:
change implementation successful.
- Contribute to lesson learned and CI sessions with the global
infrastructure network team.
- Keep up with technology development and trends for IT
infrastructure and obtain knowledge as needed (internal training
and external training).
- Continuously provide input to improve service performance
experience by reviewing solution. design versus requirements,
reviewing configuration versus compatibility needs - reality check
and feedback to engineering/architecture teams.
- Execute the changes ofIT infrastructure following processes for
- Work on tickets (change requests as well as incident tickets),
including troubleshooting, creating and following up on RMA with
maintenance providers, config restore, close collaboration with
regional and local IT on ticket resolution.
- On-call support for high and urgent priority incident
- Follow ITIL methodology during service design, build,
implementation and operations.
- 5-9 Minimum Years of Experience with related professional IT
- 1-3 Years of experience with IT infrastructure
- Proven expertise in the field of network, communication, IT
- Experience with planning and implementation of disaster
- Familiarity with IT management skills, project management
skills, communication/coordination capabilities
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites,
including industrial manufacturing plants which might require
climbing, lifting, or working in confined spaces.
- Work environment consists of an office environment and
occasional visits to manufacturing locations as needed.
- Potential travel required - 5-25%
- Bachelors level degree with a major in Computer Science,
Information Management or other related field.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D
and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk
to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and
Keywords: RGBSI, Novi , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!