Company: ICONMA, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- To be an engineering contact between the customer and the
Company. - Work directly with company design teams, the customer,
and their suppliers to design and implement the best infotainment
products possible and establish superior software and HMI
interfaces to said products. To always look out for the customer's
- HMI resident engineer at TMNA or offsite.
- This position is for All Words management.
- Maintain library database of All Words/ text that appears on
- HMI spec and library match verification and track specification
changes with reflection to data base/ library.
- Lead in review of All Words and text quality.
- HMI screen testing effort for automotive multimedia
development. engineer to serve as tester for planning, test script
creation/ review, cross check with HMI specification, test quality
tracking, test report, and HMI function quality checking.
- Requires to work with customer and development team; design,
review, and negotiate specification with development, drawing, DRs,
and requirements related to HMI; main in charge of evaluation and
solving engineering issues; evaluate /analyze / counter measure
claims during development and production with internal and external
customer for electronics software issues; analyze validation issues
and testing requirements for evaluation improvements; create
technical reports; prepare material and develop issue list for
customer meeting; attend customer meeting; coordinate issues and
requirements/ requests between Japan development team, internal
TNAM, and customers; The engineer will be participating in group
evaluations, automation creation, and testing; assisting the team
with research and documentation tasks.
- Establish and support clear engineering and design
communication between the Company, the customer and customer
- Attend and/or coordinate various customer design reviews,
program and group meetings, internal company design review and
program meetings, and various supplier's design reviews and program
- Make presentations; take notes and write meeting minutes as
- Define, modify, and create specifications. -
- Ensure specifications are being met.
- Serve as contact to customer engineering.
- Use knowledge of UX theory & HMI properties to design/implement
electronic infotainment products & interfaces; ensure clear
- Contribute to user research, creating system solutions and
concepts, defining the principles and personas for the
- Create a cohesive style guideline to be applied across the user
interface. Maintain consistency in visual elements and define
behavior throughout all screens.
- Assist and create presentations, sketches, diagrams, maps,
computer renderings, storyboards, videos, or other items as
necessary to properly communicate ideas and solutions to team,
colleagues, suppliers, or clients. Designs should be
designs/solutions focused on specific strategies despite working on
- Assist in preparing testing materials and contribute to User
testing and validation of proposed solutions as needed.
- Create designs that are on target for the User while
understanding and considering added cost versus added
- Coordinate customer design reviews & internal/supplier
meetings; release & track parts in customer systems.
- Define/modify/create specifications, drawings, and cohesive
style guideline to be applied across the user interface.
- Document/communicate part failures; determine root cause &
implement solutions; attend & support launches; develop
- Release and track parts via customer systems. - Write and get
EWOs (Engineering Work Orders) approved.
- Define, modify, and create DFMEA/DRBFMs, HMI, drawings, service
procedures, owner's manuals, etc.
- Define, modify, and create component validation test plans and
review them with the customer.
- Document and communicate part failures to the customer in a
- Root cause part failures and implement solutions in a timely
- Support the customer's systems and vehicle level
- Attend and/or support pre-production virtual and physical
builds as needed/required.
- Root cause build issues and implement solutions in a timely
- Attend and/or support production launches as
- Root cause build issues and implement solutions in a timely
- Value added and value engineering activities.
- Participate in requirement and specification definition for
connected services between customer and other relevant development
- Actively engage in End-to-End system requirements definition
and specification between customer and other relevant development
- Coordinate and align requirements/specifications process
between customer and supplier home location through appropriate
meetings and other communication methods.
- Support and actively engage in test strategy, test plan and
test case development with customer and other relevant development
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis during new system
integration phases and End-2-End system/component testing.
- Actively participate in engineering and test review meeting as
assigned by customer team (along with follow-up and resolution of
action items, needed decisions, etc.).
- Actively participate in project & defect management meetings
and provide insight/guidance on current system/components
engineering and testing status.
- Actively setup and drive meetings between customer and home
organization to ensure clear communication and escalation
- Report to product engineering lead on regular basis as defined
by product lead.
- Provide specific tools/methods to update/verify, diagnose,
troubleshoot respective system/component and efficiently drive
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical or Electronics
Engineering or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interface/Interaction
Design or Software or Related Field.
- We are looking for candidates with bachelor's degree in
electronics or software and good experience in automotive system or
- Need to have strong software skills in Sketch, Abstract, Excel,
Confluence, and JIRA. Connected service (strong skills in connected
service even better if he/ she has Entuned experience), BT,
automation, Vehicle Spy, Python, AVC LAN, cell phone connectivity,
and LabVIEW experience are a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: ICONMA, LLC, Novi , Resident Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!