Posted on: March 14, 2023
RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to
our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary partner
to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense, IT, media
& entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a
result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for
energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading
- The Lead Product Engineer owns product design, development and
launch support to effectively and efficiently launch products, as
well as growing the technical capabilities of the Client
- Works with Client & OEM customer Engineering, Styling and
Business groups to support Requests for Information, Requests for
Quote, new designs and manufacturing feasibility.
- Interprets customer material & product requirements and
- Creates Bills of Materials (BOM's) Drawings.
- Develops DFMEA's and DRBFM's as required per design.
- Leads and supports cross-functional product reviews.
- Create & document design assumptions.
- lign to assembly process and technique, and support assembly
aid & fixture design.
- Confirms design concepts and fundamental technologies used for
new products or improvement of existing product.
- Deliver design within engineering budget and BOM cost
- Develop tactical plans to meet deliverables
- Support pre-production readiness events, product launches, and
post-launch plant support.
- Support analysis of product concerns during launch, production
- Support product design cost optimization through the use of
design analysis, Bill of Material (BOM) reviews and competitive
benchmarking and attending VA/VE activities.
- Creates and submits proposals for consideration and allocation
of resources for key development projects.
- Initiate, lead and manage continuous improvement activities,
for the development of the group, the products created, and the
- ny and all other duties as assigned by Manager.
- MUST HAVE VA/VE Experience!!!
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
technical field preferred, minimum associate's with some
- Five+ (5) years of experience in automotive interiors
preferred, minimum 3 years
- Design and development expertise.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting lines,
action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as related to
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to
develop component and sub-assembly GD&T tolerancing and
tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing &
- Product launch experience
- Product validation experience
- CAD or CAD viewer ability
- Good communicator
- Good problem solver
- Experience with change control and BOM management with a
database system such as PLM
- Experience with GM is a bonus
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D
and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk
to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and
Keywords: RGBSI, Novi , Product Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...