Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Tooling)
Company: Yanfeng Automotive
Posted on: March 15, 2023
- Provide direct input to the Simultaneous Development Team (SDT)
by doing the following:
- Provide manufacturing feasibility assessments for product
design, engineering changes, scope changes and quality
- Support teammembers responsible for developing process flow and
plant layout requirements.
- Support those responsible for reviewing product gaging and
packaging strategies and assess the impact of thoseassumptions on
the overall manufacturing strategy.
- Define capital equipment and toolingrequired and manage/adhere
to the budget of the program.
- Project manage the procurement and acceptance of required
equipment & tooling.
- Facilitate the implementation of production equipment/tooling
into the manufacturing facility and any corresponding technical
training andensure spare parts for new equipment.
- Support team members that are responsible for completing
Process FMEA and manage RPN risks.
- Assess the product, process, equipment and tooling strategies
for potential ergonomic concerns and manage action items to
- Support customer part needs through pilot, testing, run-at-rate
and internal process sign offs.
- Provide input and present status of project to management at
specific SDT/launch milestones. Provide action plans/solutions to
any open items/issues to stay "on track".
- Createand support continuous improvement projects.
- Be flexible for any changes in business needs i.e. launch
support and travel requirements Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical,
Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering, Plastics or Engineering
Technology required (BSME or BSMET or similar)
- Experience in Automotive/Manufacturing (Tier One Automotive
interiors experience preferred, not required)
- Candidates must demonstrate solid skills in communication,
interpersonal relations, and ability to inspire individuals to
- Must have experience developing time estimates for all
workelements utilizing MODAPTS
- Candidate must have experience communicating at multiple levels
internally and externally
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical problem solving
- Work flow, line balance and takt time
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLC Programming, and Automation
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering advanced
manufacturing, process engineering, tooling, or similar
- Leadership of DOE and data driven studies experience
- Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement training or
- Candidates must demonstrate technical and project management
- Familiar with entire product life including development, launch
- Understands and demonstrates ability to work with and improve
documented manufacturing standards.
- Tool feasibility
- Tool design & build
- Plastics Processing
- Plastic part feasibility
- RJG & Master Molder
- Standard Molding, 2K, IMD, IML & Insert
- Plastics Materials
- Robot & Process Equipment
Keywords: Yanfeng Automotive, Novi , Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Tooling), Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...