Lead Transmission Design Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Lead Transmission Design Engineer is responsible for the
design, development, validation, and release of new products
relating to Dana's effort to expand and diversify into vehicle
electrification. This role will also play a large role in growing a
very dynamic, small team while meeting challenging deadlines and
project scopes within the LV New Product Design Engineering group.
Job responsibilities will vary based on new product requirements,
along with the multitude of engineering aspects needed to validate
the final design.
- Lead the design, development, and validation of gearboxes
and/or transmissions to meet customer requirements per Dana
internal engineering and manufacturing standards.
- Manage the engineering release process of drawings and
specifications for early designs to meet customer requirements and
prepare for high volume, high throughput manufacturing.
- Create 2D drawings, incorporating manufacturing and product
engineering requirements and ensuring correct GD&T
- Support CAE group with boundary definitions and load cases for
CFD, FEA, and NVH analysis
- Support generation of all engineering/quality documentation
(BOM, DFMEA, DVP&R, BD, PD, IM, etc.); manage internal and
external suppliers through part procurement.
- Support onsite prototype builds and physical testing per
- Support initial sourcing and manufacturing strategies in
collaboration with Purchasing and Manufacturing
- Follow Program Management and Stage Gate development processes
to meet project goals including budget, timing and quality of
delivery for identified projects.
- Perform benchmarking and competitive component
- Actively collaborate with the Dana family to continuously
improve First Time Right metrics.
- Help organize and plan continuing education opportunities to
grow the team's core knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related
- Prefer at least 10 years of experience in transmission
component design, integration, manufacturing, supplier management,
assembly, and testing.
- Experience managing and coordinating new product development
- Strong 3D CAD skills: Siemens NX and/or CATIA v5
- Experience laying out complicated systems in a highly creative
and efficient manner.
- Proficient GD&T knowledge and experience with complex stack
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes for
- Working level knowledge of subsystem/component
manufacturing/assembly methods and vehicle assembly;
product/vehicle launch, and end of line test methods
- Strong engineering methodology experience - PLM, DFM, VAVE,
MRB, DOE, DVP&R
- In depth understanding of industry standards, handbooks, and
specifications relevant to design, manufacturing, and
- Passion for collaborating with fellow engineers and program
leaders across multiple disciplines to achieve collective
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
- Proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Lead Transmission Design Engineer, Engineering , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!