Company: Ryder System
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Current Employees:If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a
Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please
click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to
log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet,
please review this quick reference guide
clicking HERE. (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)You
are the driving force behind our company.Start your career with
Ryder today!Job DescriptionRyder is experiencing strong business
growth and is hiring experienced Operations Leaders to join our
growing team. It is a great time to be at Ryder!Due to significant
growth, we are hiring in advance of our new business start-up's. As
a result, you will join Ryder as an experienced operations leader,
to learn Ryder before transitioning into your new role. During this
Ryder onboarding period, you will work closely with site leadership
to learn all aspects of Ryder's Distribution and Transportation
Management business including systems, processes, and operations.
You will interface directly with internal business leaders and
employees while partnering with our support organizations including
Finance, Engineering, Sales and Human Resources. You will travel to
other locations to gain exposure to a variety of systems and
processes, and to assist in new business start-ups.Your focus will
be on delivering results in the right way while exhibiting our core
values of trust, innovation, collaboration, expertise and
safety.You must have the ability to travel regularly, and to
relocate within the region/US to fill a leadership position at a
new or existing site.This is an exciting opportunity for a leader
that wants to grow with a great company!SummaryThe Transportation
Manager is responsible to manage all activities associated with the
efficient operation of accounts. This includes P&L
responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance,
employee relations and safety.Essential Functions
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly
paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance
issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine
their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine
account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly
operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for
purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and
ensure compliance with safety regulations.Additional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various
work shiftsSkills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize
effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel & Word required)Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics,
transportation. A combination of other education and experiences
will be considered.
- Five (5) years or more in the management of warehouse and/or
transportation operations requiredTravel: 50%DOT Regulated:
No\#FB\#li-post\#INDexemptJob Category: LogisticsRyder is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
with disability.Job Seekers can review the Job Applicant Privacy
Policy by clicking HERE.
Keywords: Ryder System, Novi , Transportation Manager, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!