Company: National Funeral directors Association
Posted on: January 9, 2022
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong
work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the
family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through
education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options,
designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and
help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both
Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your
role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional
replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to
help our team members in their time of need. Culture
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the
development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to
every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service,
drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for
our families. Summary/Objective This position is accountable for
overseeing the operations of funeral home and/or cemetery
location(s) to ensure the expectations of client families and their
guest are exceeded. Essential Functions
- Oversees the management of resources and day-to-day
- Establishes a financial plan and ensure goals and objectives
are met each year.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to
determine location progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understands and monitors compliance of Federal, state and local
laws and regulations for operation of a cemetery, cemetery sales,
crematory and funeral home.
- Develops and monitors quality relationships with suppliers in
order to ensure that products and services offered to the business
add value to client family satisfaction and market share
- Ensures that all business operation permits are current and
applied for in a timely manner.
- Monitors and manage financial results in a manner that meets or
- Prepares and manages capital requests and expenditures.
- Provides a high level of coaching, mentoring and development to
department heads and location staff.
- Ensures that family survey and family service follow up calls
- Inspections of all facilities, grounds and locations to ensure
all are maintained to standards.
- Develops and implement marketing plans to expand exposure of
the location in the community.
- Sponsors on-site community events that promote the business to
- Develops relationships with community businesses and
- Assists direct reports with setting and meeting their
- Encourages the development of new service offerings.
- Performs projects and other duties as assigned.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management. Required Education, Experience, Certifications
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred in a funeral home or
- Experience with analyzing finance reports to determine actions
to maintain and/or improve the location's performance strongly
- Current Funeral Director license is highly preferred.
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner
in accordance with the employer's requirements.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share
through community involvement.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual is a
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Access and PowerPoint) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal, as well as
external customers, community leaders, and grieving client
- Ability to empathize with client families and their guests and
demonstrate tact and patience in emotionally charged
- Tactful and professional when dealing with complaints or
dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment through
organization and communication.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes
tasks, and exercise good judgment. Supervisory Responsibility This
position has direct management responsibilities, including hiring,
firing, performance management and disciplinary actions as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- The duties associated with this position are generally
performed in an indoor office setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as
inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas,
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this
position includes, but is not limited to computer, fax, copier,
merchant terminal, multi-line phone system, personal or company
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit,
stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 25 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood
borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: ______ Low Travel
- This position may require up to 20 percent out of area and
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day
only. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. The National Funeral Directors Association is
the world's leading, largest and most trusted association to
support funeral professionals. We provide our members with critical
information, innovative tools, resources and the professional
community they need to serve families, run sustainable businesses
and become pillars in their communities.
Keywords: National Funeral directors Association, Novi , General Manager, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!