Director of Business Development
Company: Brookdale Novi
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Overview:Director of Business Development
As Director of Business Development you will support 9 senior
living communities in the Detroit Market.
At Brookdale Senior Living we are passionate about serving
Our goal is simple. We want to be the best provider of senior care
in the nation and in the Detroit market. To be the best, we want to
hire the best. We are looking for difference makers, compassionate
leaders and purpose-driven people.
As a Director of Business Development, you will have the
opportunity to advance your career by providing support to the
local senior living community by:
- Creating and implementing effective business development plans
that will have a direct impact on our occupancy goals throughout
- Assist the sales and marketing staff with maintaining great
relations with local businesses as well as developing new business
relationships within the Detroit area
- Provide progress reports to the District Director of Sales on
established business development goals
- Research and provide information on competitor issues that
would affect the occupancy of the local Brookdale communities
Required skills and qualifications:
- Three years of sales/marketing experience in related industry;
or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must be self-directed, able to prioritize tasks as well as have
the ability to accept directives
- Team player with industry knowledge and the ability to connect
with families & referral sources
- Must be familiar with the local market
- Strong business development & relationship building skills;
cold calling & networking
- Professional contacts in the market a plus!
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help
us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents,
associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be
open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make
the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their
care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a
positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive a competitive compensation and
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You'll earn more
than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career
through professional development, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your overall health and wellness - physical, mental,
emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find
purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.Responsibilities:Responsible for
securing non-paid referrals that convert to move-ins by gaining the
advocacy of local influencers. Creates and implements effective
community business development plans to support sales and occupancy
goals and revenue targets throughout the community. Represents the
company as the leader in Senior Living to all referral sources.
Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy
in the community and is responsible for ensuring their assigned
communities are the first choice for quality senior living
Make sales calls to local professional and volunteer influencers to
gain quality referrals and expand current referral network.
- Partner with the Executive Director to ensure that ED is
introduced to and engaged with key local influencers to maximize
- Partner with Brookdale community leaders of clinical, resident
programing, culinary & memory care to ensure that their work is
known in the greater community and that they are regarded as
experts in creating experiences to better manage the challenges of
- Accurately maintain SMS database content with all sales
activity and maximize utilization of Brookdale sales and marketing
systems and resources.
- Produce and manage a rolling 90 day sales plan to be used for
goal setting, time and resource management, and updates to
- Attend stand-up in represented Brookdale community at least
once a week to report on specifics of sales work and to get
input/partnership to maximize the results of the sales plan.
- With high professional standards, represent Brookdale well as
measured in the growth of census and revenue for your represented
- Build a productive network of local professionals who recognize
that seniors can live better if they recommend and advocate a move
to a Brookdale community.
- Assist during emergency situations as requested to help ensure
appropriate support for community operations.
- Perform other supporting duties and functions as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field and a
minimum of three years sales experience in a related industry; or
equivalent combination of experience and education. Two years of
sales and marketing management experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver's
license is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written
and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment
computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.,
preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Novi, Novi , Director of Business Development, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!