Electronic Purchasing Manager
Company: Hanon Systems
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Description:Hanon Systems, a global supplier of innovative
automotive thermal and energy management solutions, is seeking a
Electronic Purchasing Manager to join our team in our Americas
Innovation Center in Novi, MI. Success in this role will be
achieved through strong negotiation skills, superior communication,
and the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks in a
fast-paced environment. Develops and implements supply base
strategy for electronics commodity globally (EMS/ECU/PCB).Primary
- Develops and implements the global commodity strategy on a
global level leading a team of four direct reports.
- Leads the development and implementation of the global
commodity strategy for electronics, ECU and PCB.
- Works with his/her commodity team to evaluate supplier
quotations in order to obtain the best overall purchase cost on
behalf of the company.
- Manages RFQ's through his/her commodity team to the supply base
according to the commodity strategy and in order to support program
goals (current and new)
- Manages and supports his/her commodity team in supplier cost
structure evaluation to obtain best overall value on behalf of
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team in negotiating
and implementing 1+3 glide path tasks
- Manages and supports his/her commodity team in awarding
business through sourcing council, purchase orders, and within the
framework of the strategic commodity plan for current business
and/or re-sourcing; following the set purchasing process',
guidelines and policies.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to establish
supplier Long Term Agreements and supplier long term agreement
terms for current and/or resourcing business.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to establish
supplier credit and pay terms and the completion of credit
- Collect and report purchasing related information to global
commodity function lead and HQ as required.
- Keeps management informed on commercial issues through
communications; aids and assists the tem with reports,
- Utilizes a total cost approach to optimizing piece prices for
assigned commodity, strategy to include but not limited to
bundling, global sourcing, multiple sources/competition,
specification changes, process optimization, value analysis/value
engineering, logistics, and payment term improvement.
- Works with a cross-functional team in support of the assigned
commodity, including: Program Management, Engineering, Production
Control and Logistics, Supplier Quality Development and Quality
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team to coordinate
supplier development, consolidation and reduction programs.
- Leading and supporting his/her commodity team driving cost
savings initiatives, with negotiation, alternate sourcing
strategies and qualifying potential suppliers.
- Within a given commodity, assure purchasing leveraging is
optimized by providing oversight of the consolidated buy for all
- Practices and maintains integrity within his/her team, in all
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating open
communication and sharing functional and technical knowledge.
- Leading by example and supporting his/her commodity team to
perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding
by all health, safety and environmental rules.
- Follow the guidelines and rules as set out by the Employee's
handbook and Company policies and procedures.
- Complies with the designated ISO 14001 responsibilities related
to effective management in accordance with Hanon's Environmental
Management System (EMS).Education & Year's of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, business or
- 5+ years automotive material and purchasing experience.Desired
Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Commodities including but not limited to: electronics, EMS, ECU
- Strong knowledge and exposure with manufacturing processes and
- Ability to deliver results.
- Ability to influence others and gain alignment on
- Highly developed time management and follow up skills and the
ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, excellent people and problem solving skills,
strong task ownership and superior work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
are essential in this role.Health, Safety and EnvironmentalEnsure
safe practices prior to working on any equipment as to prevent harm
to himself/herself and to others (i.e., lockout procedure,
barricading areas, safe handling of materials, etc.). This includes
making supervisor aware of any unsafe procedures or areas so that
corrective actions can be taken.According to Occupational Health
and Safety Act (OHSA) Section 28, Subsection (1) (a), (b), (c), and
(d); a worker shall:
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act and the
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that
his employer requires to be used or worn;
- Report to his or her employer or supervisor the absence of or
defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is
aware and which may endanger himself, herself or another
- Report to his or her employer or supervisor any contravention
of the Act or the regulations or the existence of any hazard of
which he or she knowsIn addition to the above, a worker is
responsible to ensure that they are in compliance with the
- Rules and regulations as outlined in the divisions' Employee
- Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined in the
divisions' Health and Safety Management System.
- Environmental policies and procedures as outlined in the
divisions' Environmental Management System.What We Offer:At Hanon
Systems, we provide a competitive benefits packaged focused on
employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision program options
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedules (for eligible positions)Hanon Systems
recognizes the critical role our employees play in the company's
success. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by
supporting and promoting an inclusive working environment that
embodies challenging assignments, safe and fair labor practices,
and is based on mutual trust and respect.Hanon Systems is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse
Keywords: Hanon Systems, Novi , Electronic Purchasing Manager, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!