Posted on: August 2, 2022
- Leadership/oversight - analyzing cost savings opportunities and
motivate the team
- Hands-on Work: Complete studies, presentations to customer,
implementation, discovery calls - managing salaried team with
- Hybrid: 2 days in office, 3 days remote. Must live
- Relocation package availableSUMMARYLead, coach, mentor other
engineers to develop innovative solutions; manage multiple
projects, confer with operations managers to implement efficient
and competitive solutions; apply company methodologies and toll to
design transportation operations; map and document processes;
identify gaps in processes and recommend/implement improvement;
foster an environment of innovation within the team; benchmark
internal processes to ensure best practices are presented to
customer; manage data flow processes to support daily operations in
conjunction with IT; establish and implement performance measures;
conduct Supply Chain analyses and recommend alternative strategies;
facilitate performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback to aid
development of individual and team skills; effectively interact
with customers, Sales, and Operations to create value propositions;
take an active and growing role in account financials; and, collect
data and perform statistical analysis, apply Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) tool.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Project Management and Solution Development:
- Create presentations and conduct meetings.
- Develops the solution proposal and assists in the presentation
and selling of the transaction.
- Makes presentations to both lateral and external
- Defines the problem, organizes and manages the complexity of
the opportunity and plans/manages the project and it's deliverables
into successful result.
- Obtains the appropriate and necessary resources and applies
them efficiently and effectively to the development of the
- Cost savings analytics
- Oversight over engineering team
- Development of the Personal and Organizational Proficiency of
- Participates in the strategic planning for the
- Identifies, presents and participates in the testing of tools
and techniques that enhance the competency of the
- Participates actively in related professional and educational
organizations to further the individual, team and RIL professional
skills and recognition as the leader in the industry.
- Recruiting and Development of Team
- Actively participates in the recruiting and interview process.
Coaches and mentors coops, interns and college recruits.
- Participates in the indoctrination of other new members
including LMs and Directors.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify best practices/recommendations; implementation of
plans. Decision quality will impact business opportunity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree Logistics, Management, Industrial Engineering
or 8 years equivalent experience.EXPERIENCE
- Eight (8) years or more experience Operations, Consulting, or
third party Logistics
- Eight (8) years or more experience demonstrated experience in
one of the RIL Engineering competencies
- Eight (8) years or more experience in one of the target market
- Ability to effectively solve problems and challenges that
- Ability to define and be responsive to customer
- Develops and delivers effective presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practicesKNOWLEDGE
- Advanced knowledge of Integrated Logistics, transportation,
distribution, customer service, information technology; advanced
- Knowledge of computer tools: spreadsheets, databases, graphics,
word processing, mapping, routing and scheduling, facility
layouts.; advanced level.
- Practicing knowledge of sales process; advanced level.
- Knowledge of RIL operations and related systems; advanced
Keywords: Wintegrity, Novi , Engineering Manager, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!