Sr. Manager Embedded Software and Controls (26387)
Company: Dana Corporation
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Dana is a world leader in providing power-conveyance and
energy-management solutions for vehicles and machinery. The
company's portfolio improves the efficiency, performance, and
sustainability of light vehicles, commercial vehicles, and
off-highway equipment. From axles, driveshafts, and transmissions
to electrodynamic, thermal, sealing, and digital solutions, the
company enables the propulsion of conventional, hybrid, and
electric-powered vehicles by supplying nearly every vehicle and
engine manufacturer in the world. Founded in 1904, Dana employs
more than 38,000 people who are committed to delivering long-term
value to customers. Based in Maumee, Ohio, USA, and with locations
in 33 countries across six continents, the company reported sales
of $7.1 billion in 2020. Having established a dynamic,
high-performance culture, the company has been recognized globally
as a top employer, with significant honors in Asia, India, Italy,
Mexico, and the United States. Learn more at www.dana.com.
Sr. Manager Embedded Software and controls is responsible and leads
the design and development of embedded Software for power
electronic components/systems including power inverter, DC/DC
converter and on-board Charger.
* Manage develop and evolve a team of software design to provide
delivery of automotive electrification products.
* Responsible for project oversight, process improvement
identification and implementation, risk mitigation, training, and
* Responsible of software processes and Agiles management to
deliver software products.
* Develop and design future control power electronics and advanced
algorithms for Medium and high voltage drive systems.
* Develop innovative ideas to differentiate our future control
products. Provides leadership, direction and executes on the
identified company strategy.
* Plans and executes projects based on the product development
pipeline and manages software requirements, development, and
deliverables to the company programs on-time with high quality.
* Builds enhancements within an existing software architecture and
envisions improvements to the architecture.
* Builds and maintains technical competence and current best
practices within the Software organization via coaching,
counseling, and as appropriate, educational workshops, classes,
* Designs, develops, and validates embedded applications and sets
and maintains high standards of software quality in accordance with
current state of the art best practices.
* Optimizes overall team performance by guiding individual team
* Leads and collaborates with internal cross functional teams, end
users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document, and
maintain software deliverables for various projects.
* Establishes and maintains working relationships with core
technical team, testing, and hardware team members across the
* Develop power electronic software architecture capabilities.
* Understand and interact with other product development teams
(V&V, Mechanical, Sales & Marketing, Project management, and
* Manage project budgets related to his team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Software Engineering or equivalent
* Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
* Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and thorough
understanding of product development.
* 10+ years' Embedded software development experience.
* 5+ years in software development management role.
* Technical knowledge of Real Time motor control and motor system
* Technical knowledge of e-Drive system
* Experience with ASpice SW development standards, and ISO26262
* Experience with Agile SW development methods such as Kanban or
* Demonstrated understanding of best practices for SW V cycle
* Experience with embedded software validation (is a plus).
* Proven track record in system design and product development.
* Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and
demonstrated success in defining, selling and implementing program
* Ability to manage multiple projects to meet or exceed goals and
* Ability to identify and manage delivery risks, including the
development of contingency and mitigation plans.
* Extensive demonstrated experience developing embedded
applications in Simulink model based (or equivalent) and C/C++.
* Knowledge of Multi core controllers, able to outline controller
requirements based on system performance requirements
* Experience managing international external consultants and
vendors as project resources.
* Ability to guide diagnose and resolve problems independently with
* Knowledge of software design tools e.i : CodeComposerStudio,
Polarion, GIT, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, outils Vector(CANAlyzer,
CANoe, etc), Mathlab/Simulink and Jira (is a plus)
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
(French is a plus)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Dana Corporation, Novi , Sr. Manager Embedded Software and Controls (26387), Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!