Director, Real Estate
Company: Learning Care Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We care, for the children and families we serve,andour dedicated
team members.You are our best asset. Feelvaluedand get access
tothebenefits and resourcesyou needto connect, balance, grow, and
- We supportyour work/life balancewith aminimum
50%childcarediscount,immediate (or next-day) access to
earnings,paid time off,and more.
- We invest in your futurewith ongoing training,tuition
reimbursement,credential assistance,and our unique Master Teacher
- We strive to provide a positive, fun environmentwithplenty
The Director of Real Estate Development will be responsible for the
full life cycle of new schools from setting market entry strategy
to pursuing sites. The Director will work closely with the Legal
department to negotiate project documents, and the Construction
department to facilitate design, budgets, and schedule. This
position will remain responsible for all aspects of deals from the
initial concept through the construction and school opening.
- Lead Green Development Initiative, primarily for our premium
brand; Everbrook. This will include understanding the market
strategy and collaborating with several departments within Learning
Care Group such as Construction, Operations and Finance.
- Regularly attend Real Estate Committee meetings and present new
Greenfield sites to obtain ELT approval.
- Lead and inform team meetings with Operations, Construction,
and Finance to ensure new locations are meeting construction budget
- Effectively conduct trade area assessment, tactical strategy
development and site selection to accomplish developmental goals
- Responsible for all aspects of the real estate transaction from
initial concept through construction and school opening.
- Develop market strategies, market analysis, and execute
- Implement and execute development processes for targeted
- Collaborate with brokers, as required to research, and target
strategic site opportunities.
- Monitor existing markets to understand evolving trade area
trends and determine appropriateness for new development or
- Review and coordinate all real estate documents and legal
issues with Legal department.
- Negotiate with brokers, attorneys, landlords/sellers to develop
letters of intent, leases, and real estate contracts for approved
- Develops and maintains relationships with regional developers,
municipal and state departments and agencies.
- Collaborate with Facilities and Construction to assure lease
terms and conditions properly align with proposed project timelines
and lease agreements.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required. Business or related study
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Juris Doctorate
- 5+ years of national real estate development experience within
national retail or multi-unit public company required.
- 5+ years' experience in real estate site selection, negotiation
and closing transaction required.
Other Skills and Abilities Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and
- Proficient time management, organizational skills, and ability
to meet established deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in general real estate matters with understanding
of excess property management and negotiating lease
- Demonstrated ability to manage external partners.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence internal customers
and external brokers.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate with
and relate to all levels of the organization.
- Capable of creating executable real estate strategies.
- Strong ability to self-start, think creatively, lead others,
- Skilled working in cross-functional teams leveraging critical
and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work with project management software.
- Capable of working with project management software.
- 70% travel including auto and air.
Learning Care Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against an employee or applicant based on race, color,
religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status or
any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Learning Care Group, Novi , Director, Real Estate, Executive , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!