Company: Interim HealthCare - Novi, MI
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionInterim Healthcare of Oakland County is looking
to hire a Hospice RN (PT) Hospice RN The Hospice RN will plan,
organize, direct and provide hospice care to meet the identified
needs of patients/families in accordance with Interim HealthCare
Hospice policies and procedures, accepted standards of nursing
practice and palliative care, and applicable law and regulation.
PT- 5-10 Visits per Week, On-Call ( 1 x 4-6 weeks) Compensation &
Benefits: 401K, PTO, Paid Sick, Bonus Pay, On Call Pay, Paid
Training & Orientation, Bereavement Pay, 100% EMR for
Documentation, Company Provided Equipment, Per Diem Pay- Get Paid a
Guaranteed Rate ALWAYS etc.What You'll Be Doing:
- Completes an initial/comprehensive assessment of the
patient/family to determine hospice needs which includes a history
of current and previous illness(es), as well as a physical
assessment of the patient, with emphasis on the management of pain
and other symptoms.
- Completes ongoing assessments of the patient's physical status
and the psychosocial status of the patient/family.
- Initiates and develops a plan of care in collaboration with the
Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), the patient/family and the attending
- Makes necessary revisions to the IDG plan of care as the
patient's/family's status and needs change.
- Primarily responsible for the coordination of care among IDG
members and other healthcare providers external to the IDG, to
ensure the continuous assessment of the patient/family needs, as
well as the implementation of the IDG plan of care to guide the
delivery of services and achieve the goals of hospice care.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician and in accordance with nursing standards of
- Regularly attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the office on-call
- Actively participates in the quality assessment and performance
improvement (QAPI) program.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Background Education & Work Experiences of
a Hospice RN:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a RN in the state in which employed.
License is active and in good standing.
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience as a registered
nurse within the last five (5) years or, if no experience within
the last five (5) years, evidence of current (within the last 12
months) clinical knowledge as deemed appropriate by the DHCS.
- If a new graduate, 1200 verified hours of employment as a
graduate or registered nurse within the last twelve (12) months or
evidence of completion of a company-approved Preceptor
- If a state standard exists that is higher than these
education/experience requirements, the state standard supersedes
- One (1) year of hospice care experience (Preferred).Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities of a Hospice RN:
- Able to comply with accepted professional standards of nursing
practice and law and regulation.
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Knowledge and commitment to the hospice philosophy of
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written
communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills;
nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary group.
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
employees, patients and family/caregivers.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes.
- Meets applicable federal and state health requirements to
provide patient care as appropriate.
- Meets the requirements of federal and/or state criminal and
abuse background checks where applicable.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification.Typical
Working Conditions & Physical Effort Required of a Hospice RN:
- Work is normally performed in the patient's home and/or
inpatient setting such as a hospital or nursing home.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex and/or non-latex gloves).
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and
- Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and
mental tasks over long periods of time.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Visual acuity, dexterity and hearing to perform required
- Able to frequently work on-call hours and evening, night and
weekend hours as needed.
- Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs in order to carry out
daily job functions and related activities that may be
required.Interim Healthcare of Oakland County is an Equal
Opportunity Employer- Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Novi, MI, Novi , Hospice RN, Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!