Home Health Aide
Company: ComForCare Home Health Care
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Looking for individuals to join our home care family.At
ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We
celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients
and employees live their best lives possible.*Each office is
independently owned and operated.POSITION SUMMARYProvides personal
care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse or
Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by
the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs
services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal
comfort.REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor / Director of Clinical
- Successful completion of a formal certification training
program and/or a written skills test and competency
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised
setting, preferably health care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with
state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving
record.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services
under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home,
including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Assists in the administration of medications that are
ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of
the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and Agency
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's
condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist.
Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for
the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document
care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per
Agency requirements-at least weekly.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by
observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines,
and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not
use equipment until orientation about its operation has been
provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the
interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in
staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements.
Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed
necessary.PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDSThe information below is
intended to describe the general context/requirements for
performance of this job.During a typical workday, this position
requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements
and does not limit the assignment of additional
duties.Compensation: $12.00 - $14.25 per hour Live your best life
possible while helping others live theirsOur Caregivers are the
heart and soul of what we do. For that reason, we put our
CaregiversFirst each and every day. At ComForCare, it is our
CaregiverFirst promise, that our caregivers will be:
- Treated with respect and dignity.
- Provided exceptional training on a regular and ongoing
- Are never alone in the field - support is always
- Thoughtfully matched with clients that they are compatible
with.Join our team and be a part of a certified Great Place To Work
-! Thousands of ComForCare employees were surveyed and the response
was overwhelmingly positive, with 90% agreeing that ComForCare is
in fact a Great Place To Work -. By selecting the positions below,
you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an
independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate
company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or
subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is
solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment
including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and
ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any
questions about your application or the hiring process must be
directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare
franchisee.Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Keywords: ComForCare Home Health Care, Novi , Home Health Aide, Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!