Physical Therapist Assistant Float
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewThis position is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus. -
Apply today! -Greater Purpose and Core ValuesAthletico empowers
people, inspires hope and transforms lives. This is accomplished
throughdemonstrating our core values of one team, understanding our
business, recognition, people-focus,accountability, continuous
innovation and trust & integrity. -Position SummaryA Physical
Therapist Assistant provides safe and effective therapy services to
persons impaired by physical illness or injury, congenital or
development disability and/or the aging process, under the
direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist in all
practice settings.ResponsibilitiesEXPECTATIONS: Under the direct
supervision of the Facility Manager and supervising physical
therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant will be responsible
- Providing exceptional patient care and service
- Progressing patient's plan of care that has been established by
the -physical therapist.
- Periodic written and dictated communication to physicians
through progress notes and discharge summaries after consulting
with supervising PT regarding patient's plan of care.
- Frequent communication with supervising PT regarding
appropriate treatment plan, follow-up appointments, and potential
discharge for patients
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and
administrative staff as needed
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps,
races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with
appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT Assistants are responsible for
documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all
written communications in a timely manner, i.e., progress notes,
discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, and daily
total sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary.
Physical Therapist Assistants are also responsible for keeping the
patients chart up to date with current scripts, tally sheets, and
monitoring insurance coverage.
- Establish and develop professional relations with other
potential referral sources including:
- Physician contacts inform physicians of our services,
locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best
provider of therapy services in the area working
- Attend patient physician appointments and perform shadow
opportunities when possible
- Provide appropriate and timely written and/or verbal
communication and follow-up when necessary
- Continue the development of professional skills and interest
through continuing education course, program involvement, staff
in-services and professional meetings -Qualifications
- Current - licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the
- Associates degree, accredited by an accredited PTA Program
- Current CPR certification and AED training
- Minimum of 2 years experience outpatient experience
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment - -Athletico
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. - - This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Keywords: Athletico, Novi , Physical Therapist Assistant Float, Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!