Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: March 18, 2023
ASC-4171 - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Novi, MI -
13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare staffing is looking for an experienced Registered
Respiratory Therapist to work at our client's hospital in Novi.
Shift: 07:00 PM - 07:30 AM
- Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRTs) deliver respiratory
therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and
abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
Respiratory Therapists provide care to patients based on the
application of scientific respiratory therapy principles.
Responsibilities of the Respiratory Therapist include (but are not
- Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of
- Provides emergency care, including artificial respiration,
external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary
- Determines requirements for treatment, such as type, method and
duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as
vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and
consult with physician if adverse reactions occur
- Performs pulmonary function and adjust equipment to obtain
optimum results in therapy
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct
patients in performance of breathing exercises
- Conducts tests, such as EKGs, stress testing, and lung capacity
- Educates patients and their families about their conditions and
teaches appropriate disease management techniques, such as
breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory
- Maintains charts that contain patients' pertinent
identification and therapy information, in a neat and timely
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting
- Graduate of an accredited RT program
- MI license in hand.
- Prefer 2 years experience in Critical Care Unit.
- Federal and State required credentials are current and on
- Cognitive skills as related to the position
- Valid Drivers License
- Current BLS, ACLS, RRT.
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Novi , Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...