Posted on: September 15, 2023
- The main function of a phlebotomist is to assist in performing
various assigned duties, trouble shooting, training and making
- Collects and stores specimens according to established
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of
the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection
(ex. urine or fecal) as required.
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly
needles. Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to
ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport.
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places
samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately
labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to
protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings. Answer telephone calls, read
laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
Keywords: ICONMA, Novi , Phlebotomist II, Healthcare , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!