Posted on: April 9, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
-Academy- for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy's.
Overview: As a Personal Stylist, your focus is to exceed
performance metrics with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will drive
enterprise wide cross selling to deliver sales goals and achieve
sales growth. This position focuses on new customer acquisition,
building and maintaining strong client relationships through
clienteling, and building a social media presence. Your role is to
provide an elevated and seamless customer experience through
expertise in lifestyle selling, in-store and virtual selling, and
virtual service and recovery. Personal Stylists are expected to
expand their customer base by developing key relationships with
vendor partners, store leadership, peers, and their local
community. You embrace innovation, new selling ideas, and
applications. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceed sale goals by providing a personalized and elevated
shopping experiences in-store and online.
- Drive customer acquisition through networking opportunities;
leverage social media to seek online and in-store traffic.
- Build an online presence to create awareness and promote the
services and experiences you offer. Create and execute compelling
content on social media to keep customers engaged.
- Leverage selling tools and resources (marketing calendar,
MyClient application) to plan and forecast ahead for impactful and
personalized outreach that drives repeat business.
- Partner with store team, vendors and community partners to
develop and host virtual and in-store events to deliver incremental
- Increase annual spend and repeat client visit rates through
ongoing outreach and correspondence; invite customers to virtual
and/or in-person appointments; promote goods, looks, and products
that are relevant to your customer.
- Make data driven decisions that will drive growth, and
understand your local market and customer base.
- Utilize technology and innovative selling tools to drive
virtual selling initiatives that support your business by creating
a compelling omnichannel experience for your customer.
- Meet with the Store Manager weekly to inform them of your
performance, goals and actions. Leverage the Stylist Store
leadership check in sheet as needed.
- Daily and weekly tasks include checking emails, appointment
booking upkeep, customer follow-up, content development and posts,
and other duties as assigned. Host one on one appointments
(virtually or in-store) as well as virtual events for continued
customer engagement and sales driving tactics.
- Increase Average Spend by cross selling throughout the store
and online, leveraging product knowledge and providing expert
advice to each customer. Attend Vendor trainings and development
workshops as assigned.
- Role model the We Care mentality and create meaningful moments
for your customers as well as your colleagues. Your continued
presence on the sales floor should influence positive selling
behaviors in others. Share your knowledge and support peers in
growing their skillset while continuously developing yours
- Demonstrate your personal brand in alignment with Macy's brand
values, constantly finding new ways and new contacts to market and
network your services to.
- Regularly participate in store leadership meetings and
- Upkeep a clean, safe and inviting environment in alignment with
our company provided standards and guidelines.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years direct experience
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience or other high touch
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
Strong time management skills and ability to allocate appropriate
time to priority tasks; strong business acumen; understanding of
technology and proficiency in computers, tablets, smart phones and
associated apps, including social media. Strong leadership profile
and excellent negotiation skills. Strong customer service
orientation; ability to build and maintain a strong client base.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Keen
sense of fashion, ability to coordinate items and suggestive
selling techniques. Experience or familiarity with a variety of
lifestyles, business segments and social media platforms while
displaying credibility to interact with broad customer base.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San
Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles
ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under
here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under here.
Keywords: Macy's, Novi , MyStylist Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!