Retail Fulfillment Associate
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
-Academy- for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy's.
As a Fulfillment Associate, you will be responsible for driving a
great shopping experience for our omni channel customer by
supporting the operational activities that drive sales, profit, and
excellent customer service. You will collaborate with the store
team to deliver results in a friction free shopping environment.
Duties include but are not limited to receiving activities, packing
and shipping, fulfillment picking, and other duties as needed.
- Complete fulfillment orders including picking merchandise,
packing & shipping orders, and making in store pickup orders ready
- Learn and apply packing policies & techniques to ensure every
customer receives his/her package in good condition.
- Process shippable returns and abandoned in store pickup
- Conduct customer pick-up including retrieving the orders from
our back-of-house storage and delivering them curbside to the
- Monitor alerts to ensure Ready On Time completion of Buy Online
Pickup In-Store (BOPS) orders.
- Pick Not Found merchandise to improve fill rate.
- Expedite aged orders to improve the Speed-to Ship to our
customers. Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring
the customer is always the priority.
- Participating in other support functions as needed.
- Assist and satisfy the needs of our in store and online
- Learn and apply in store tools & technology such as handheld
devices, MyShip, and POS systems.
- Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
the People Leader.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San
Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles
ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under
here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under here.
Keywords: Macy's, Novi , Retail Fulfillment Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!