Posted on: April 30, 2021
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: Overview: As a Personal
Stylist, your focus is to exceed performance metrics with an
entrepreneurial mindset. You will drive enterprise wide cross
selling to deliver sales goals and achieve sales growth. This
position focuses on new customer acquisition, building and
maintaining strong client relationships through clienteling, and
building a social media presence. Your role is to provide an
elevated and seamless customer experience through expertise in
lifestyle selling, in-store and virtual selling, and virtual
service and recovery. Personal Stylists are expected to expand
their customer base by developing key relationships with vendor
partners, store leadership, peers, and their local community. You
embrace innovation, new selling ideas, and applications. Perform
other duties as assigned.
- Exceed sale goals by providing a personalized and elevated
shopping experiences in-store and online.
- Drive customer acquisition through networking opportunities;
leverage social media to seek online and in-store traffic.
- Build an online presence to create awareness and promote the
services and experiences you offer. Create and execute compelling
content on social media to keep customers engaged.
- Leverage selling tools and resources (marketing calendar,
MyClient application) to plan and forecast ahead for impactful and
personalized outreach that drives repeat business.
- Partner with store team, vendors and community partners to
develop and host virtual and in-store events to deliver incremental
- Increase annual spend and repeat client visit rates through
ongoing outreach and correspondence; invite customers to virtual
and/or in-person appointments; promote goods, looks, and products
that are relevant to your customer.
- Make data driven decisions that will drive growth, and
understand your local market and customer base.
- Utilize technology and innovative selling tools to drive
virtual selling initiatives that support your business by creating
a compelling omnichannel experience for your customer.
- Meet with the Store Manager weekly to inform them of your
performance, goals and actions. Leverage the Stylist Store
leadership check in sheet as needed.
- Daily and weekly tasks include checking emails, appointment
booking upkeep, customer follow-up, content development and posts,
and other duties as assigned. Host one on one appointments
(virtually or in-store) as well as virtual events for continued
customer engagement and sales driving tactics.
- Increase Average Spend by cross selling throughout the store
and online, leveraging product knowledge and providing expert
advice to each customer. Attend Vendor trainings and development
workshops as assigned.
- Role model the We Care mentality and create meaningful moments
for your customers as well as your colleagues. Your continued
presence on the sales floor should influence positive selling
behaviors in others. Share your knowledge and support peers in
growing their skillset while continuously developing yours
- Demonstrate your personal brand in alignment with Macy's brand
values, constantly finding new ways and new contacts to market and
network your services to.
- Regularly participate in store leadership meetings and
- Upkeep a clean, safe and inviting environment in alignment with
our company provided standards and guidelines.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years direct experience
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience or other high touch
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Other Skills:
Strong time management skills and ability to allocate appropriate
time to priority tasks; strong business acumen; understanding of
technology and proficiency in computers, tablets, smart phones and
associated apps, including social media. Strong leadership profile
and excellent negotiation skills. Strong customer service
orientation; ability to build and maintain a strong client base.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Keen
sense of fashion, ability to coordinate items and suggestive
selling techniques. Experience or familiarity with a variety of
lifestyles, business segments and social media platforms while
displaying credibility to interact with broad customer base.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs This job description is not
all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can
review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art.
49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII
Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can
review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch.
9-3500 here. STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Novi , MyStylist Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!