SOUS CHEF, K12 SCHOOLS
Company: Chartwells K12
Posted on: September 16, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a SOUS CHEF -position.
- Location: -Novi Schools; 25345 Taft Road. Novi, MI 48374.
-Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: - Primarily Monday-Friday 6:00am-4:00pm. - Must have
- Details: - Novi Schools is a fast-paced K12 food service
operation with 10 schools and a public library cafe that serves
Starbucks coffee and snacks. -
- Requirement: - This is an entry-level management position. - 2
years of culinary experience. - Serv Safe preferred or willing to
obtain through our company.
- Reports to: - Executive Chef
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying
Easy! -Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB -to
75000 -and search requisition ID number -1076535.The advertised
program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs
with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data
rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and
conditions: Diversity -of thought and inclusion for all is what
drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us
today!Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the
cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food
kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more
than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public
institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12
is built on decades of food, education and operational experience
driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability
talent. For more information, visit.Job Summary Summary: As a Sous
Chef III, you are responsible for assisting with the overall
success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The
position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering,
inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the
client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's
regulations, and the company's standards and expectations of food
quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef III also
motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house
associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives
of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and
management. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation
and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the
marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 2 to 5 years of culinary experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality,
production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including
Excel.Associates at Chartwells K-12 -are offered many fantastic
benefits.Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following
-benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: 1076535
Keywords: Chartwells K12, Novi , SOUS CHEF, K12 SCHOOLS, Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!