CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells K12
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for -CHEF-HOURLY -positions.
- Location: -Novi- 25345 Taft Road Novi, MI 48374 -Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, flexible 6:00am-3:00pm,
- Requirement: -Servsafe, food service experience, cash handling,
and barista preferred.
- Perks: -Monday-Friday, no late nights. Great 401K, Holidays
- Starting pay: - -$17.00 per hour*Internal Employee Referral
Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying Easy! -Want to apply to this job
via text messaging? Text JOB -to 75000 -and search requisition ID
number -1083305.The advertised program is an AI recruiting
assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message
frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to
opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: Diversity -of
thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we
invite you to start your journey with us today!Chartwells K12's
goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and
healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and
creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates
in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small
charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of
food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary,
nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more
information, visit.Job Summary Summary: -Directs, coordinates and
evaluates assigned kitchen, food production and food-service
associates. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks
and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving
food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service
standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing,
scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews
and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to
standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service
schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and
maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and
quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure
compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Chartwells
K-12 -are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the following -benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. - At Compass, we are committed to treating
all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
-Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. -Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. -*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: 1083305
Keywords: Chartwells K12, Novi , CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!