Technical Specialist - Power Electronics
Company: Casco Automotive Group - An Amphenol Company
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Casco Products Corporation, a global Tier One electronics and
electromechanical supplier to the automotive industry, is looking
for a Technical Specialist - Power Electronics to join our team in
Novi, Michigan. This individual will provide technical leadership
in the field of power electronics design and drive new product
innovation to help us create industry-leading products.
With over 100 years of experience in sensor and module development,
Casco offers a wide range of in-vehicle electronics for an enhanced
driving experience. Our power products ensure you always have power
in your vehicle: from 12V power outlets to 5V USB chargers to AC
outlets and a wide range of inverter modules, Casco gives you the
power you need.
Casco is part of the Amphenol Group. Amphenol is a Fortune 500
company with more than 80,000 employees throughout the world, and
one of the world's largest providers of high-technology
interconnect, sensor and antenna solutions.
JOB SUMMARY:The Technical Specialist - Power Electronics will be
responsible for innovating new products and bring new technologies
into product architectures. This individual will provide power
electronics technical leadership and apply the latest technology to
develop industry-leading products. The Technical Specialist will
present engineering design review materials to our customers and
executive team, as well as participate in technical and cost
proposals and presentations.
- Lead conception and advanced development of power electronic
products including topology, schematic diagrams, power components,
and define PCB layout strategy.
- Perform validation and performance characterization of
- Work with quick turn suppliers to execute the bring-up, debug
and characterization of prototypes.
- Work with systems, software and mechanical teams to deliver
- Collaborate with mechanical, manufacturing, and supply chain
teams to bring the product into mass production when required by
- Develop and industrialize the use of new technologies and
solutions on power electronics and advance manufacturing.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to
engineering team members to support their development.
- Develop product hardware/circuit designs to meet customer
specifications and requirements.
- Support hardware engineering leads in their design from concept
prototype to mass production releases and end of life.
- Attend design review meetings and provide technical feedback to
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and make technical
presentations of new designs to customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in electronic circuit design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive industry experience designing successful power
electronics products from concept through schematic, layout,
manufacturing, test and deployment.
- Experience designing power system architectures.
- Expertise in power circuit analysis, such as worst-case circuit
analysis, failure method effectivity and criticality, and
- Expert-level proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such
- Expert-level proficiency in solving EMC Problems for the
- Expert-level proficiency in PCB layout for power circuits.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation or
- Experience with power integrity simulation tools such as Ansys,
ADS or Altair.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as
oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Electronic circuit design including simulation and worst-case
circuit analysis (WCCA)
- Knowledgeable in electrical and electromechanical materials and
- Knowledgeable in circuit and PCB design to meet EMC
- Knowledgeable in high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up
to 1000V) designs.
- Knowledge base of automotive standards.
- Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
- Ability to use measurement and test equipment.
- Experience writing technical test plans and test
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication
proficiency, capable decision making and problem
- Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working
independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects
simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take
initiative with excellent follow-through and require little
direction or supervision.
- Must be an effective leader that is capable of motivating and
mentoring employees and delegating work.
Keywords: Casco Automotive Group - An Amphenol Company, Novi , Technical Specialist - Power Electronics, IT / Software / Systems , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!