Sr. Software Verification & Validation Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
- Analyze SW requirements, develop & conduct test automation &
scripts, test cases (include fault injection tests) according to
the scope of test methods based on ISO-26262 standard and
compliance to ASPICE process.
- Lead Software V &V reviews to ensure all deliverables meet
company SOPs and SW qualify standards.
- Ensure bidirectional traceability from Qualification test cases
to SW requirements and Customer specifications.
- Prepare and present SW V&V reports and appropriate metrics
per SW V&V strategy and plan.
- Execute all SW qualification validation, and regression
- Support development and improvement of SW V&V methodologies
and tools based on industry best practices.
- Prepare and participate for APSICE Compliance internal/external
- Participate in all SW requirement review of work products as
- Ensure test cases are created/revised for the SW requirements
called out in the release plan.
- Support and align cross-functional teams in development, root
- Review/Record any test environment configuration changes.
- Coordinate/notify all test schedule changes with all impacted
- Enter all noteworthy information into program test log. (i.e.
bench problems, hardware).
- Strong Experience in accessing Software tooling needs and
creating supporting validation documents, test automation
frameworks, & script interpreters.
- Experience with accessing risks and validation needs of
software product for cybersecurity and data integrity aspect.
- Work with tool vendors, external test lab to support software
verification and validation.
- Attend daily stand up and team meetings, coordinate tasks and
communicate project planning status to management
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, or
Software), Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Essential: Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with
inverters and electrified motors.
- Essential: Working knowledge of V-model, ASPICE, ISO-26262 and
- Essential: Working knowledge of dSPACE HIL, Typhoon HIL, &
- Working knowledge of Software Fuzzing verification &
- Working knowledge of HSIS, Python, and Batch Scripting.
- Working knowledge of Hardware Security Module testing.
- Knowledge of Polarion, Jira, Azure Git
- Knowledge of embedded C/C++ software and Model Based Software
- Knowledge of automotive communication bus systems and protocols
(SPI, LIN, XCP, UDS, CAN-FD).
- Basic knowledge in Electronics Hardware
- Working knowledge of Vector CANoe & expert of CAPL
Required Skills, Abilities, And Attributes
- Good analytical skills, curious, and autonomous.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary and global teams.
- Rigorous and strong ability to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior in self
and others; commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and think forward.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Sr. Software Verification & Validation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!