Technical Project Manager (Software)
Company: Bastian Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Technical Project Manager (Software) - #7594 Novi , MI
Functional Group Full-time Job Title Technical Project Manager
(Software) Full-time/Part-time FLSA Alternate Locations 40000 Grand
River Ave Suite 300, Novi, Michigan 48375 Job Description Job
Overview The Project Manager provides oversight and is responsible
for all phases of various software development and automation
projects, including coordinating team members, material, and
equipment. The Project Manager will ensure that all specifications
are being followed and that work is proceeding on schedule and
within budget. By being the single point of contact to our
customers a proactive, positive, problem solving approach is
crucial. Projects are installed throughout the U.S. and all of
North America. Job Functions
- Submit weekly Project Reports to keep the customer continually
updated, hold teleconferences, and schedule face-to-face meetings.
- Learn the customer's business to best represent its needs to
the BSS team.
- The PM must continually manage the project budget, approve all
purchases, approve all invoices, and constantly try to improve the
financial standing of the project (cutting costs, not quality).
- The PM will create the initial Gantt chart using an BSS Project
Schedule Template in conjunction with the Scheduling Manager.
- Be an integral participant in the testing, debugging, and
eventual turnover of the system to the customer. -
- Provide key input about the customer's operations to ensure
that BSS creates the best design possible for the customer.
- Manage all Financial Aspects of the Project. -
- Perform all Scheduling of Project Events.
- On-site Implementation. -
- Project Design Input.
- Provide Long-term Customer Support. Travel Requirements
- 25% travel after training (primarily working on site at
customer in Flint, Michigan)
- 50% overnight travel for the 1st year for training (Travel
expenses paid by Bastian Solutions) Preferred Skills and Required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 3 to 5 years of related
experience. Preferred Discipline: Industrial Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science. -
- Strong computer skills with: Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Project, Databases (SQL Server and Oracle)
- Experience with material handling systems and/or warehouse
management systems preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without
sponsorship. Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics
company, is an independent material handling and robotics system
integrator providing automated solutions for distribution,
manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our
team specializes in consulting, system design, project management,
maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment
and automation technology. We take great pride in providing
exceptional service and flexibility to our customers. In addition
to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events Bastian Solutions does not work
outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls
Keywords: Bastian Solutions, Inc., Novi , Technical Project Manager (Software), IT / Software / Systems , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!