Mortgage Loan Processor I
Company: Community Financial Credit Union
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Be a part of One Team One Mission! Would you like to be part of
an organization that believes in being passionate about what you
do?Do you want the ability to be involved in the community you work
in and spending time involved with numerous charitable
organizations?Join the CFCU family where we put our members and
team members first.Our Total Rewards package includes medical,
dental, and vision with a generous time-off package, matching 401
(k), and paid time off to do volunteer work. About UsOur
organization started in 1951 when the principal employer of
Plymouth, Daisy Air Rifle Company, formed the Daisy Employees
Federal Credit Union. We have grown to locations in Plymouth,
Canton, Novi, Northville, Livonia, Westland, Wixom, Gaylord,
Atlanta, Hillman, and Lewiston, Michigan. Compensation starts at
$20 per hour. A Day in the Life:From loan assignment, the Mortgage
Loan Processor I is responsible for processing the loan, gathering
documentation, communication to all parties, and obtaining the
clear to close through the scheduling of the closing date.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:The minimum requirement
for any team member of our company is to work collaboratively and
cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of
dignity and respect, in compliance with Equal Employment
Opportunity standards and regulations. We also require, as a
minimum standard, that all team members have the ability to accept
direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and
- Collect required documentation from a borrower or third-party
to prepare it for underwriting by reviewing the file, reviewing
conversation logs, and analyzing the file for missing
- Act as a liaison between borrower, underwriter, sales,
realtors, title companies, and all other parties involved in each
- Analyze and evaluate documentation provided by borrowers,
including ensuring that overall documents are accurate, complete,
and compliant; calculating income; and reviewing financial
statements, credit reports, applicable ratios, and other supporting
documentation for acceptability.
- Ensure that files meet investor guidelines, are complete, and
comply with regulations and policies.
- Schedule loan closings and communicate closing information to
borrowers, Sales, and vendors.
- Make recommendations for procedural and policy changes to
- Promptly reply to loan inquiries and according to company
- Respond to audit findings. Provide any necessary supporting
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership. Additional
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in resolving post-closing issues when necessary.
- Work with equity processing team when there is a simultaneous
second mortgage. Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of loan processing experience.
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all
internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers. Working
Conditions:This position works in-office and remotely. Work
requires an appropriate work environment in the home. In-office
working conditions are normal. Lighting, temperature, audio, and
work space are all sufficient. Work requires the ability to
constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and
communicate. Disclaimer/Intent and Function of Job Descriptions:The
above information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by team members
within this classification. Because the nature of positions and job
functions can change over time, this job description is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all essential functions, duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job
duties may be changed or modified in the Credit Union's discretion.
The Credit Union will keep team members updated on key functions,
duties, and requirements of their position by communications from
the Credit Union and by updating the job description from time to
time. Any team member with questions about the nature of their job
duties is encouraged to consult with his or her supervisor.Equal
Employment Opportunity Policy:Community Financial Credit Union is
an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable Federal, State or local laws. Note: If you have issues
applying, please try using the Google Chrome or Firefox web
browsers on a computer. PI124724898
Keywords: Community Financial Credit Union, Novi , Mortgage Loan Processor I, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!