If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Principal Engineer is responsible for analysis and
utilization of continuous improvement tools to design Supply Chain
Solutions for current and future operations. Provides
coaching/mentorship to other engineers. Provides regular and
proactive communications to customers and Ryder Management.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis.
- Apply company methodologies and tools to design distribution
and/or transportation operations.
- Conduct Inventory and/or Supply Chain analyses and recommend
- Leads, coaches, and mentors other engineers.
- Independently identify process gaps, make recommendations and
implement process improvement.
- Establish and implement performance measures.
- Confer with the Engineering and Operations Managers to
implement efficient and competitive solutions;
- Manage multiple projects of small and medium size.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Controls
(SPC) tools. Map and document processes.
- Use modeling software expertise to identify scenario
opportunities based on evolving data analytics
- Leverage experience in outbound finished vehicle
networks to improve design and eliminate bottlenecks
- Preferred experience with data visualization (i.e.
Power BI, Tableau) and SQL/R data manipulation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation
criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to perform assignments with instruction limited to
- Ability to influence on the overall objectives and long range
goals of the organization.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and
procedures on new assignment and may supervise activities of lower
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering, business or supply
chain or a combination of other education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred in industrial engineering or
- Six (6) years or more relevant work experience required.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS)
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.