J&M Store Manager
Company: Johnston & Murphy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Johnston & Murphy we believe that attributes are as important
as experience and that who you are is as important as what you
know. We believe that it's the intangibles that make people and
organizations special. Towards that end we have created a culture
around an attributes based people model called P.R.I.D.E.
Key Responsibilities of a Store Manager
Passion - Personally dedicated to being the best; conveys
enthusiasm for the organization with a "can do" attitude; never
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Use J&M sales tools to implement and obtain sales
- Utilize all available resources to improve performance and to
further educate yourself and your sales team
Represents the Brand - Acts as an ambassador for the brand to
the outside world; creates a store environment representative of a
premium brand; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core
- Effectively Network and Recruit
- Interview and hire personnel using the PRIDE model
- Implement visual guidelines, window changes and maintain store
- Adhere to personal presentation guidelines
- Consistently deliver World Class Service and use proper phone
Interpersonal Skills - Effective communicator within the
organization; builds lasting and productive relationships with
- Build lasting and productive relationships within the
- Implement, utilize and certify team in all training
- Effective communication skills
- Coach and counsel performance to achieve company standards
- Implement and adhere to all company policies and
- Create and administer PRIDE Performance Plans and
Delivers Results - Achieves financial goals; manages
profitability through personal and team performance; executes
- Meet and exceed sales plans, both store and personal
- Meet and exceed sales metrics, both store and personal
- Protect company assets including accurate inventory and cash
- Create and maintain weekly work schedules to utilize talent and
Edge - Can effectively initiate and manage change; makes good
decisions based on analysis and knowledge; conveys sense of urgency
and moves issues to closure.
- Manage ALL performance, from exceptional to deficient
- Identify trends through shopping the competition and other
- Effectively use all merchandise reports to analyze, identify
- merchandising needs to maximize your business
- Partner with HR to move issues to closure
- Prior management experience in retail environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Willingness to learn.
- Stable prior employment history.
- Physical demands: this position involves constant moving,
talking, listening, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
standing for long periods of time, walking, using hands to operate
controls and climbing ladders in a safe manner. In addition, the
ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
The successful candidate will work a retail schedule, including
evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. The candidate must
adapt quickly to the competitive environment of retail sales.
Keywords: Johnston & Murphy, Novi , J&M Store Manager, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!