Software Engineering Project Manager (24541)
Company: Dana Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Engineering Project Management Office (EPMO) within the
Electrification and Mechatronics group is a new group with a goal
of providing centralized direction and enhancing the practices of
execution management, organizational governance, and strategic
The job responsibilities will be very varied as it will touch
many aspects of the growing Mechatronics and Electrification group
and will include some of the following responsibilities but not
- Lead software engineering project team to develop and deliver
software for mechatronics electrification systems such as
electrified driveline systems, electronically actuated,
- Lead and support development of the system and software
architecture, requirements, development, and test plans, including
remote development teams and third-party deliverables.
- Align across multiple disciplines in System V development
process to develop electrified mechatronics systems by integrating
embedded software into
electronics hardware, mechanical actuation components, and
- Negotiating system functional delivery content with Product
owners, setting implementation and defect resolution priorities,
and managing release of functions to customer.
- Incorporating Functional Safety functions with ASPICE process
implementation for driveline mechatronics systems. Support
preparation and completion of quality audits incorporating ISO26262
- Full ownership of MAN3, 5 (Project Management) and related
process areas from software standpoint.
- Utilizing Software project planning, define acceptance
criteria, scope break down and allocation, execution,
problem/defect resolution, identify risks, and execute mitigation
- Breakdown work scope for implementation in software releases,
from feature to planned Items to stories using JIRA tool.
- Develop, maintain, and execute the Software project development
plan, create accuracy and clarity, measure, and report critical
metrics on execution within Agile principles utilizing JIRA, for
regular reporting of software project status to Leadership
- Lead software project team to meet technical, quality and
project budget targets, and conduct Software quality design gate
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree, Computer Engineering or Electrical
Engineering or equivalent work experience in Software Development.
Master's degree in relevant technical OR management field is a
- 5 years of Software progressive work experience in the
Automotive, Mechatronics Systems and Electrification field is a
- 5 years of relevant Software Project Management
- 3 years' experience of hands-on, embedded software
- Knowledgeable in Scrum/Agile methodology, Scrum Master
Certification is plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, Self-motivation, and
ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Mindset of Continuous Improvement and excellent attention to
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Developing and releasing Embedded Software supporting
- Planning and developing mechatronics systems including
actuation, electrical and electronics, controls, software, testing
and integration in the V model.
- Interfacing and planning mechatronics software systems projects
with Stakeholders and Engineering customers
- Developing products incorporating automotive industry standards
and processes including (ASIL, ISO26262), ASPICE.
- Utilizing Agile project management.
- Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces
such as CAN, and FlexRay, LIN networks is a plus.
- Experience with AUTOSAR architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (JIRA, Teams,
- Experience with Requirements Management using tools (Polarion,
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Dana Corporation, Novi , Software Engineering Project Manager (24541), Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!