MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
The Senior Constructon Estimator will play a key part in
developing a structure to support the recruitment of future
* Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates
and bid packages, potentially on short turnaround time for projects
ranging from $500k to $75MM - ground up construction and
* Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and
specifications for all trades - Architectural, MEP, Structural,
Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, etc. Prepare RFI's as needed.
* Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from
multiple trade subcontractors, and effectively communicate and
negotiate with subcontractors.
* Identify and track changes to drawings through addendums,
bulletins, and revisions, including follow through with
* Attend job site walk throughs and effectively communicate and
coordinate with project superintendents and subs.
* Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs, including pricing of
* Creates project estimates and analysis of subcontractor and
* Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope
* Once construction documents are released, works with
Architects, Owners, and Engineers to formulate accurate and
* 5-10 years' experience in the industrial / commercial
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Related Field
* Multi-trade knowledge and experience (steel, concrete,
masonry, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc).
* Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Outlook, Project
and Office, etc).
* Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
A Contractor who has been in operations for over 25 years, my
client is well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent
reputation in the Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are
currently seeking to appoint a Senior Construction Estimator with
immediate effect to take ownership of whole preconstruction
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to
secure a Senior Construction Estimator role.
Reporting directly into the VP of Estimating, the position is a
high-profile role and will secure a competitive salary with
benefits and a year-end bonus. Salary base ranging from
120,000-150,000 based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately
with resume and project list.