Program Coordinator - Continuing Care
Company: Erickson Living
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Fox Run is a beautiful 108-acre continuing care retirement
community in Novi, Michigan. We're part of a growing network of
communities managed by Erickson Living, a national provider of
senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and
Fox Run is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real
impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your career
to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career, you'll
enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that includes a
competitive salary, an impressive package of health and dental
benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition reimbursement,
401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for career growth
and advancement, and much more!
Fox Run in Novi is seeking a Program Coordinator. The Program
Coordinator organizes the delivery of therapeutic programming to
meet the physical, intellectual, spiritual, creative, recreational,
social and emotional needs and well-being of the residents residing
in our Continuing Care neighborhoods (short term rehab, long term
care, assisted living and memory care).
How you will make an impact
- Implement, supervise, and/or lead group and individual
therapeutic and recreational activities.
- Educate staff and volunteers regarding residents' abilities and
limitations, psychosocial needs and therapeutic interventions
during in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Design and plan therapeutic and recreational activity programs
using own skill areas of specialty.
- Indirectly supervise program department staff.
- Coordinate resident entertainment, trips, and special
- Comply with Federal, State, and County requirements related to
activity program documentation, including daily attendance, monthly
calendars, progress notes, MDS and Care Plans.
- Have an understanding of dementia and the ability to adapt
programming based on level of resident's impairment.
- Lead programs independently.
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal
development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans,
and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set
the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all
employees over 18 years of age.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student
loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision
and 401K with a match after 1 year.
What you will need:
- Associate Degree in Recreation, Recreational Therapy, Activity
Therapy, Music Therapy, Horticulture Therapy, Occupational
Therapy, or other allied services is required.
- Minimum of three years' experience as an Activities Staff with
supervisory experience is require
- Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of
physical and cognitive independence, preferably experience with the
elderly is required.
- Flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings as
appropriate is required.
- Certified or eligible for certification (AAC or CTRS - four
year degree) preferred.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are
Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a
workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or
any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Erickson Living, Novi , Program Coordinator - Continuing Care, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!