Phone Scheduler - Doctor's Office
Company: Associated Retinal Consultants
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Associated Retinal Consultants, P.C.
Job Description: Call Center Representative
Business Unit: Corporate/Administration
Employee Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Revenue Cycle Manager or Designee
Purpose: The Customer Service Representative will answer calls for
a busy, multiple-physicians' office, scheduling patient
appointments, answering questions, and responding to requests. The
Customer Service Representative will also verify patient and
insurance information; perform backup duties for Medical Office
Specialists, as needed; and complete other tasks as assigned.
Key Duties/Responsibilities (may include but are not limited
• Consistently provide excellent customer service, pleasantly
greeting all callers, and communicating with callers and patients
in a respectful and helpful manner.
• Answer inbound calls in a call center setting within designated
time frames, answer questions, and direct calls to appropriate
• Schedule patient appointments accurately in Practice Management
System and consistent with individual physician preference.
• Gather appropriate patient information about medical
complaints/concerns and document these accurately and concisely in
communications to the physicians and/or office staff.
Communications are prioritized appropriately.
• Verify and accurately record patient demographic, insurance, and
• Work with team of co-workers in Call Center and the clinics to
answer questions and maintain appropriate scheduling of
• Effectively perform individual share of the workload and actively
engage in other assigned tasks during periods of low call
• On occasion, may provide backup to, and perform all duties of,
Medical Office Specialists at ARC clinics, as needed.
• Perform other clinical and administrative office functions,
including those associated with support of satellite offices, as
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience working in a medical office
• Working knowledge of insurance carriers and their requirements,
including prior authorization, preferred
• Excellent phone etiquette, verbal communication, interpersonal,
and customer service skills
• Proficient keyboarding skills, working knowledge of database
systems, and comfortable with the use of technology
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Practice Management System
following initial training period
• Ability to perform as a team player
Work Schedule: Varies, but typically Monday through Friday with
working hours ranging from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Potential for
Saturday work hours depending on location. Work shift hours vary
depending on employment status, but generally are 8 hours in
• Lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hand and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements: N/A
Environment: Work takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636)
Please do not contact the office directly - only resumes submitted
through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Associated Retinal Consultants, Novi , Phone Scheduler - Doctor's Office, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!