Location: Multimatic Product Services, Novi, Michigan, United
Posted: May 26th, 2021
Location Note: This position is located in Auburn Hills,
Michigan, United States
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying
engineered components, systems and services to the automotive
industry. The company's success has been fueled by its ability to
attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate
individuals who want to make a difference.
With expanding facilities around the world, including in the
United States, Canada, England, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China,
there is always room in Multimatic's growing team for people who
share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and
Multimatic is looking to recruit a part time candidate who is
knowledgeable with a visual inspection process for paint appearance
and sub straight preparation to support world class finishing.
Candidate will receive hands on training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understands required part condition needed to provide a good
surface for painting.
- Visual review of composite substrate and confirms that they
conform to the required quality standards. (Carbon fiber experience
- Identifies issues on parts which need attention/repair to bring
them up to the required quality standards.
- Document part concerns through photos and communicates defects
or areas of improvement.
- Reject parts that do not meet requirements. Clearly communicate
issues to supplier through verbal and photo presentations.
- Communicates with cross functional Quality teams representing
parts and paint supplier, paint and composites team.
- Understand how to properly apply a paint appearance
specification to a variety of automotive painted parts. Learn and
progress with on the job training.
- Ability to focus on detail areas of painted automotive
- Compare color between painted parts and color target standards.
Determine painted part color is acceptable.
- Must be hands on. Parts will require light cleaning and focused
inspection. Inspector will handle and rotate parts to inspect all
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand during the inspection
- Can decide if a part meets the appearance requirements before
- Communicates defect issues with both parent company and tier
supplier. Must be able to work in a production environment with
cross functional team.
Quality Inspector Qualifications/Skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills and computer skills (Work, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Attention to detail and ability to focus.
- Keen eyesight. (With or without correction).
- Ability to judge color match
- Can make decisions.
- Analytic skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Hand/eye coordination.
- Reporting skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with quality control techniques
- Quality inspector experience
- Paint inspection experience
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your
cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only
individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices
are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities,
recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available
upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for
applicants with disabilities.