If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Manager Logistics is responsible to manage all activities
associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes
P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance,
employee relations and safety.
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly
paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance
issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine
their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine
account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly
operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for
purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and
ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize
effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics,
transportation. A combination of other education and experiences
will be considered.
- Five (5) years or more in the management of warehouse and/or
transportation operations required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R33474
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.