SW/System Test Engineer (HIL)
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job #: 44904 Title: SW/System Test Engineer (HIL) Job Location:
Novi, Michigan - United States Remote Job: Unknown Employment Type:
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Employer
Will Recruit From: Nationwide Relocation Paid?: Negotiable WHY IS
THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? This is a growing, dynamic company that
offers multiple career paths, both technical and in leadership. The
work will be a mix of remote and on-site. If you`re hungry to work
on the latest technologies and ready to roll up your sleeves on
challenging projects, then this is the company for you. JOB
Job summary of the Embedded Software Engineer - Linux: An Embedded
Software Engineer is required to play a vital role to design and
build custom IoT edge devices and deliver scalable, maintainable,
and resilient solutions on-time and on-budget for one of our best
clients in Michigan. In this role, you will architect, implement,
and deploy IoT solutions running on embedded Linux, and other
platforms, and work closely with their clients, their internal
design and engineering teams, and their external development
partners. This is a growing, dynamic company that offers multiple
career paths, both technical and in leadership. The work will be a
mix of remote and on-site. If you`re hungry to work on the latest
technologies and ready to roll up your sleeves on challenging
projects, then this is the company for you. Responsibilities of the
Embedded Software Engineer - Linux:
- Provide technical expertise for the design and delivery of
embedded Linux solutions that include sensors, wireless
communication, battery/power management, edge analytics, real-time
control, and more.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to
understand the clients technical requirements and then design and
specify software architectures to meet these requirements.
- Assist product owners and project managers with quoting new
development projects by defining software development tasks and
phase deliverables, identifying dependencies and areas of risk, and
estimating development effort.
- Design and develop software within an Agile framework, using
Scrum, Kanban, and other methodologies.
- Leverage your knowledge and experience to mentor the
development team on best practices for software design,
development, and testing.
- Lead technical status updates in your area of expertise.
Communicate architectural and design rationale and present
learnings and their impact on product performance during customer
update calls. QUALIFICATIONS
- BSEE, CE, or CS with 5+ years of embedded systems development
- Solid understanding of standard embedded Linux components:
cross compilation toolchain, Buildroot, multi-stage bootloader
environment, kernal image, device tree, root file system, BusyBox,
and system initialization.
- Must have verbal, written, and presentation skills, with the
ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and
non-technical professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Fully competent at developing software in a team-based
environment using Git version control tools: commit cadence,
branching, merging, pull requests, and code reviews.
- Knowledge of the Linux development environment: scripting
languages, command line interface, and standard utilities.
- Strong comprehension of object-oriented and scripting
languages, with experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with software technologies such as: real-time
operating systems, inter-process communication and coordination,
MQTT, protocol buffers and other serialization techniques,
containerization, databases, and design of APIs and messaging
- Experience with embedded system IO technologies: GPIO, SPI,
UART, and I2C.
- Basic knowledge with DevOps practices: continuous integration,
automated testing, remote device monitoring and management, and
deployment of software updates to devices in the field.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Novi , SW/System Test Engineer (HIL), Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!