GM Defense - CLS
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Current Employees:If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a
Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please
click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to
log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet,
please review this quick reference guide
clicking HERE. (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)You
are the driving force behind our company.Start your career with
Ryder today!SummaryThe Customer Logistics Specialist acts as a
liaison between the customer and Ryder to ensure the proper
function and execution of all Vendor Compliance processes. The role
supports all Compliance functions focusing on problem resolution,
and process improvement. The Customer Service Advocate will drive
continuous improvement projects that arise out of feedback from the
customer and/or Vendor Compliance Chargebacks (VCC).The Customer
Logistics Specialist is expected to continuously evaluate and
implement processes with regard to opportunities to improve
internal metrics and drive toward successful achievement of company
objectives by analyzing compliance data and implementing process
improvement initiatives with the customer, Ryder Operational teams,
Ryder Transportation Teams, and Ryder IT Teams.Essential
- Compliance Projects/Project Management: Collaborate with the
customer, Ryder Operations team, Ryder Transportation Team, and
Ryder IT Team providing them with the necessary data to avoid
disruptions and ensure compliance to customer goals. Work with the
teams on projects to improve processes that drive internal and
- Develop and implement quality improvements, risk mitigation,
opportunity identification, and internal/external process
efficiencies. Identify and investigate opportunities to improve
distribution efficiencies and savings, and coordinate
implementation with business partners.
- Coordinate daily activities related to compliance of Customers.
Monitor critical customer metrics, including on-time delivery,
operational deficiencies. Identify and discuss defects and delivery
problems with management, customers, and affected parties and
creates projects to improve metrics
- Develop reports on customer performance and activities and
provide managers with current results for action.
- Problem Resolution Coordination: Responsible for
standardization and analysis of all Problem
- Resolution processes/procedures to ensure maximum efficiency,
accuracy, and proper coordination with the different areas of
Transportation, Logistics, warehousing and the customer. Review all
Vendor Compliance Charges and On Time related violations and
initiate problem resolution for those issues.
- Compliance Reporting/Violation Analysis: Prepare all reporting
and supporting documentation forbusiness meetings with the customer
and Ryder Operations and Finance Teams on a monthly basis. Provide
violation trend analysis and notify management of any necessary
issues and Vendor Compliance needs based on these findings. Create
monthly project improvement log identifying outstanding issues, and
highlighting issues that have surpassed their resolution
time-frame. Communicate process improvements based on reporting
- Conduct project meetings, track and analyze projects.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by
identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project
milestones, tasks, resources, and critical paths.
- Coordinate meetings, as needed, to initiate working sessions,
resolve project issues, etc.
- Promote continuous improvement by conducting, documenting, and
communicating lessons learned throughout the project.
- Prepare and conduct informal and formal presentations.
- Build relationships with all functional areas and manage
- Performs other duties as assigned.Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner while
achieving a common goal
- Ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and
tasks within an allotted timeframe
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possesses a high degree of initiativeQualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics or related
- One (1) year or more vendor compliance experience
- One (1) year or more in problem solving using continuous
improvement and LEAN methodologies preferredDOT Regulated:
No\#FB\#li-post\#IndexemptJob Category: LogisticsRyder is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
with disability.Job Seekers can review the Job Applicant Privacy
Policy by clicking HERE.
Keywords: Ryder System, Novi , GM Defense - CLS, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!