Commercial Service Tech I- Traverse City, Michigan
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Company Overview: At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of
helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to
them. Building upon ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the
livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail
location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial
institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire
and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most
experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the
industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we
truly believe that our people are the difference - for our
organization, the customers we serve and the communities we
protect. When you're a part of ADT Commercial, you'll have the
opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more
than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive
portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always
poised for career advancement and growth. For more information,
visit - -or follow us on - -and -. - Position Summary: The basic
function is to perform routine and emergency service calls.
Troubleshoots, replaces and/or repairs malfunctioning or
inoperative equipment while working under supervision of a more
senior technician or supervisor. Duties And Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and emergency service calls. - Troubleshoots,
replaces, and/or repairs malfunctioning or inoperative
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Provides customer instruction on system operation and
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information,
material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned
- Ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities,
productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned. Minimum
Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have one (1) or more years of experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of trouble shooting commercial
intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom and access control
- Must have a working knowledge of local/national codes.
- Must have a working knowledge of test equipment, such as
multimeters, battery analyzers and decibel meters.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications
and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local
- Requires 25 % to 50 % proficiency in ADT Commercial's Tier 1
product offerings. - - Work Environment:
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme weather
conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. - Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands
and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral,
depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances
such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires,
ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on
call availability" and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for
extended time periods. ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse
and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and
environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve
our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we
have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel
included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn
Keywords: ADT, Novi , Commercial Service Tech I- Traverse City, Michigan, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!