Decommissioning and Demolition Planning Engineer (remote with travel)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you an Engineer or Construction Manager (CM) with 5-10 years of
experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior
staff on technically challenging decommissioning and demolition
(D&D), environmental remediation, and other construction
projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an
established global engineering/consulting firm that values its
employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we
encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to
providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Americas. (Wood) is currently
seeking a Mid-Level Engineer or Construction Manager to join our
team. The role will support the planning, designing and execution
of D&D, remedial construction and other civil construction
projects with a broader project team. Projects are located across
the U.S. D&D projects range from small ancillary structures to
large power or chemical plant facilities. Remediation projects
typically include construction of soil vapor extraction systems,
in-situ thermal and chemical oxidation, excavation, caps/covers,
sediment dredging and stabilization, and groundwater pump and treat
systems. Other construction projects may include the installation
of retainage systems (e.g., slurry walls and/or sheet walls),
general civil site work, and associated components (e.g., piping,
electrical, PLC and HVAC installations). The position is
approximately 25 percent field work/travel and 75 percent office
work for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and
- Prepare plans and specifications used to procure contractors to
execute the work.
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in
- Prepare or assist in conceptual demolition/construction cost
- Understand regulated materials and waste management
- Review design plans and specifications for
- Review contractor submittals including qualifications,
equipment specifications, data, and Work Plans.
- Manage contractors and support Wood onsite personnel for
compliance with project designs, specifications and contract
requirements throughout construction.
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change
order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly construction reports prepared
by field staff.
- Develop and maintain project schedules (master and
- Conduct project closeout activities including final
inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings.
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and
construction/engineering team meetings.
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel to project sites throughout the US.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering,
Construction Management, or related degree preferred but not
- Approximately 5-10 years engineering or construction
management-related experience, preferably related to D&D.
- Understanding of means and methods associated with remediation
technologies, decommissioning, demolition, civil type work, CSI
specifications, and construction drawings.
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and
general building systems.
- Strong fundamental math skills.
- Maintain and advocate a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check
and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the
Company's driving policy.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship
from Wood is required
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hr training in accordance with
- OSHA HAZWOPER Site Supervisor
- OSHA 10 or 30 hr Construction Safety
- Working outside in various, inclement weather conditions,
- Office/Field work with computer.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Novi , Decommissioning and Demolition Planning Engineer (remote with travel), Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!