Advanced Systems Engineer
Company: Hanon Systems
Posted on: July 31, 2022
DescriptionHanon Systems, a global supplier of innovative
automotive thermal and energy management solutions, is seeking a
Advanced Systems Engineer to join our team in our Americas
Innovation Center in Novi, MI.
- Possess a creative/inventor mind to help identify new and
innovative ideas to support customer thermal requirements.
- Act in support of the Americas regional customer base for
advanced refrigerant and application projects. This includes all
current and future refrigerants (R123a, R1234yf, AC6, R744) and
refrigeration applications (heat pump, battery electric vehicles
and hybrid electric vehicles).
- Demonstrate technical strengths at local and corporate levels
with internal and external customers. This includes representing
the company at engineering technology events, and as a liaison with
current and future customers.
- Expert knowledge in heat pump systems for electrified and
- Act as technical lead to provide timely issue resolution that
positively impacts project cost, quality, timing and customer
- Possess a working knowledge of vehicle systems, sub-systems and
component deliverables to develop effective thermal system
- Provide technical leadership to component teams to ensure their
product integrates well into the vehicle/sub-system.
Experience & Education
- Preferred candidate to have a minimum of 5 years of applicable
experience with a BS degree or 3 years of experience with a MS
degree or a PhD.
- Experience, is not a hard requirement provided education
relates to thermal and refrigerant systems.
Desired Competencies and Experience:
- Simulation/modeling experience using DYMOLA, GT Suite or
- Extensive experience in refrigerant sub-systems application
including integration into the vehicle.
- High level of proficiency in the basics of refrigerant
thermodynamics and heat transfer principles.
- Possess expert problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Able to assess testing results at a system or sub-system level,
and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Familiarity of with a full range of automotive customers and
engineering specifications Computer skills and proficiency
including the ability to guide and interpret CAE results and system
- High sense of urgency and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, as
well as the ability to work as an effective cross-functional team
- Strong ability to interface with the customer.
- Demonstrate the ability to work globally and cross
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects
- Demonstrate the ability to lead engineering reviews including
Technical Design Reviews.
- Possess ability to both teach, consult and mentor others.
Willingness to support questions, consulting or advice as
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Overtime and schedule flexibility required.
What We Offer:At Hanon Systems, we provide a competitive benefits
packaged focused on employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision program options
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedules (for eligible positions)Hanon Systems
recognizes the critical role our employees play in the company's
success. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by
supporting and promoting an inclusive working environment that
embodies challenging assignments, safe and fair labor practices,
and is based on mutual trust and respect.
Hanon Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
culturally diverse workforce.
Keywords: Hanon Systems, Novi , Advanced Systems Engineer, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!