Functional Safety Lead
Company: Casco Automotive Group - An Amphenol Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Casco Products Corporation, a global Tier One electronics and
electromechanical supplier to the automotive industry, is looking
for a Functional Safety Lead to join our team in Novi,
With over 100 years of experience in sensor and module development,
Casco offers a wide range of in-vehicle electronics for an enhanced
driving experience. Our power products ensure you always have power
in your vehicle: from 12V power outlets to 5V USB chargers to AC
outlets and a wide range of inverter modules, Casco gives you the
power you need.
Casco is part of the Amphenol Group. Amphenol is a Fortune 500
company with more than 80,000 employees throughout the world, and
one of the world's largest providers of high-technology
interconnect, sensor and antenna solutions.
The Functional Safety Lead's main job responsibilities include
planning and coordinating all necessary functional safety
activities encompassing the life cycle of the product.
- Plans/coordinates all necessary functional safety activities
encompassing the life cycle of the product, while also defining
project responsibilities regarding functional safety (safety
- The position will work closely with the Systems Engineering,
Hardware and Software teams to cascade functional safety
- The position is responsible for verifying successful
implementation of safety features, validating that required safety
has been achieved, and guides, coaches, and supports implementation
of functional safety on all levels (system and sub-system) of the
- Creates/publishes reports regarding the functional safety
status of the project.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and make technical
presentations of new designs to customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Software
Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Functional Safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge base of automotive standards
- Expert knowledge in ISO 26262 Road Vehicles - Functional
- Experience with requirements driven development using DOORS or
- Experience with Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Experience developing FMEA, FMEDA, FTA
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication
proficiency, capable decision making and problem
- Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working
independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects
simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take
initiative with excellent follow-through and require little
direction or supervision.
- Must be an effective leader that is capable of motivating and
mentoring employees and delegating work.
Keywords: Casco Automotive Group - An Amphenol Company, Novi , Functional Safety Lead, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!