Sr. Control Systems Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Senior Control Systems Engineer is a hybrid function whose primary
purpose is to design and develop control algorithms & software
spanning across inverters, transmission, and vehicle control unit
and includesreviewing System/Software Architecture to ensure
traceability between Requirements and Design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the
Program Management and Platform Development withthe planning,
documentation, maintenance, and analysis of the Vehicle Program
Requirements and requirements decomposition to sub-component
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop control algorithms for electric vehicle
systems using model-based software.
- Create control documentation, software requirements & implement
them into the controllers/vehicles.
- Requirements engineering, design, coding up to testing their SW
on test-benches and/or on the real vehicle
- Develop Software Unit test & integration test procedures and
- Testing and debugging system behaviour in collaboration with
- Developing automotive software solutions in an Agile
development practice with TDD
- Work on cross-functional teams, collaborate and effectively
communicate within your development team
- Work on special projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Control
Systems or related field.
- 5 years of experience of vehicle electrification or related
- Experience in the automotive industry; focus on control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to build relationships with all functions and levels across the
- Multicore software development or system design experience in
- AGILE/SAFe development experience (preferred)
- Control related training or certifications (preferred)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong MATLAB and Simulink knowledge
- Strong control knowledge of control theory and PID
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels
within and outside Dana in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet
deadlines and goals
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their
approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in
English. French knowledge is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Sr. Control Systems Engineer, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!