Electric Motor Lead Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Dana is a world leader in providing power-conveyance and
energy-management solutions for vehicles and machinery. The
company's portfolio improves the efficiency, performance, and
sustainability of light vehicles, commercial vehicles, and
off-highway equipment. From axles, driveshafts, and transmissions
to electrodynamic, thermal, sealing, and digital solutions, the
company enables the propulsion of conventional, hybrid, and
electric-powered vehicles by supplying nearly every vehicle and
engine manufacturer in the world. Founded in 1904, Dana employs
more than 36,000 people who are committed to delivering long-term
value to customers. Based in Maumee, Ohio, USA, and with locations
in 33 countries across six continents, the company reported sales
of $8.1 billion in 2018. Having established a dynamic,
high-performance culture, the company has been recognized globally
as a top employer, with significant honors in Asia, India, Italy,
Mexico, and the United States. Learn more at www.dana.com.
Reporting to a motor development team leader, this position will
consist of developing new motors as well as working on variants of
- Develop/Approve new motor configuration with electromagnetic
- Develop/Approve Mechanical designs.
- Review project requirements
- Review/Approve design validation plan
- Support Test engineers during validation phases.
- Interface with project and program managers
- Monitor costs of the assemblies at different maturity
- Receive/Process engineering change request
- Stay up to date with new technologies applicable to electric
- Prepare/Approve DFMEA's
- Communicate with other teams and departments.
- Support and Dispatch work to senior team members.
- Participate on various Engineering and Quality teams.
- Must have a 4-year degree (Bachelors) in mechanical
- Must have experience in automotive product development
- Must have prior experience with rotating and electric
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and creativity.
- Must have professionalism and confidence to take ownership of a
- Good knowledge of one CAD systems: NX (preferred), Catia or
- Self-motivated individual, capable of performing duties with
limited supervision while conforming to tight work completion
- Must be comfortable in a work environment following standards
- Must have superior communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work in a team where members are not in the same
office space, country, or time zone.
- Must be willing to work overtime during the week and on
weekends when required.
- Must have strong demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Up to 5% travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Electric Motor Lead Engineer, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!